View Full Version : Stumped With CSS

10-19-2009, 07:33 PM

I hope this is a troubleshooting forum, if not - I apologize for this post. I'm having a hard time figuring out where padding/margins are coming from in a Wordpress theme I'm trying to edit.

If you take a look at this page ( (or an image of what I'm talking about here (

As you can see, the left side of the left Grey box is not flush with the black box above it (the one with the date) - same for right side of right box.

Using CSSViewer in Firefox, the only two CSS classes that appear to be in play are Widget and ContentContainer - and neither have any attributes that affect the margin/padding I'm trying to remove. For the life of me - where is this extra space coming form???

The CSS in question is obviously in the source code, but can be found here ( if you need to download.

Thanks in advance for your assitance

10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
#wrapper {
background:#FFFFFF none repeat scroll 0 0;
margin:0 auto;
#maincontainer {
margin:0 auto;

the #wrapper is ~40px bigger than the #maincontainer div, hence the gaps.

10-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the response met, but that doesn't seem to be the solution. Upping maincontainer or contentcontainer does not correct the space between the widgets. If you navigate to the homepage - the sections (Tier1 in this case) aligns properly.

Even when I changed both of the above, it didn't correct the spacing issue on this page - but broke the correct alignment on the homepage.

Any other thoughts??

10-19-2009, 09:51 PM
aha, I couldn't even see the grey boxes on my monitor, too bright :eek:

to align the left sidebar.

#sidebarnarrowleft {
margin:0; /* set this to 0 */

seemed to work

#postsidebar {
margin-left:30px; /* adding this */

pushed it over, and I *think* 30px is enough, but I really can't see the grey on my monitor too clearly. Might need more or less margin.