View Full Version : Simple Javascript Countdown needed

nikitatiny
10-18-2009, 11:31 PM
1) Project Details: (be as specific as possible):

Summary: To build a Javascript Countdown - counting down to Midday.

We are an online retailer and we want customers to know when their order will be shipped if they place it now (will it ship today, tomorrow, monday, etc). We want the cut-off point for ordering to be 4pm. I've had a look online to try to find something that matches our requirement, but cannot find anything.

What we want...

To highlight the cut-off time, we want a javascript countdown to display the following info:

Example: If it's 1:05pm on Sunday, it would say:
"Place your order within the next 1 day 2 hours 55 minutes and your order will ship Monday"

Another example: If it's 2:00pm on any weekday, it would say:
"Place your order within the next 2 hours and your order will ship today"

We must be able to change the cut-off point from 4pm to another time, if needed.
It must also ignore bank holiday (Ideally, it would have a section in the code where I could put all 'exluded' dates, e.g. 12/25/2009, 01/01/2010, etc. - This way I could keep it up to date).

The code must take into account that we only deliver Monday to Friday (Therefore on a Friday after 4pm, it would not say delivery tomorrow, but Monday).

Once the deadline hits (4pm), the countdown jumps back up to accommodate tomorrow's deadline, etc.

Amazon does a very similar thing.

I must be able to change the background color of the output display, text color, font face and size, and the display must be clickable (to open a page in a new window).

2) Payment Amount: US$40

3) Payment method/ details (Paypal, check? Timeline?): PayPal

4) Additional Info (about project or potential bidders):

it career
10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
We can code it using php, let me know if interested.

sandip.barot
10-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi.
I am ready for doing that task. As you wrote in your description I will create JavaScript for that.

Please update me with your final decision.

Regards,
Sandip

nikitatiny
10-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Sandip,

You got it! Please inform me once it's ready and I'll PayPal you the payment!

Thanks

Hi.
I am ready for doing that task. As you wrote in your description I will create JavaScript for that.

Please update me with your final decision.

Regards,
Sandip

sandip.barot
10-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Thanks for your confirmation.

I will start that task ASAP and I will update/inform you once it done.

With Kind Regards,
Sandip

Sandip,

Thanks

sandip.barot
10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi

I have complted my work. I have creted HTML page and as per requirements all the logic is in javascript. Now, just want to confirm will you pay me by Paypal? If yes then my paypal ID is aadarshinfo@yahoo.co.in.

Just reply me, then I belive in you and I will submit my code. :)

With Kind Regards,
Sandip

Sandip,

Thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum