View Full Version : javascript 1.4 and dhtml - browser compat.

BrightNail
04-09-2003, 09:15 PM
hey,
I have to code for javascript 1.4 or lower..I was wondering what version of DOM or somesuch for DHTML will also work in this browser?

basically, I want to know my dhtml restrictions.

thanks

liorean
04-09-2003, 09:23 PM
What version of DOM you can use has nothing to do with what JavaScript version a browser uses. Only what browser is used is of interest. Op7, IE5.5W (5.0 also, but that's only JS1.2 compatible), IE5M (~JS1.3 compatible, doesn't handle some Array methods), Moz, Saf/Konq, iCab are all W3C DOM browsers with varying support. Op<7, NN<6, OW4, HJ3, IE<5 are all DOM0 only with sometimes support of varios intermediate DOMs such as document.layers or document.all.

See <http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/version5.html> for compatibility tables for the W3C DOM.

BrightNail
04-09-2003, 09:28 PM
wow, fast reply...

basically I have to code for the Sony Table Top browser which is called: spyglass browser

so, I am trying to find out its dhtml compatibility as it does support javascript 1.4 and the DOM level 1

liorean
04-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Wow - I used Mosaic 3 and Netscape 2 in combination some years ago - now they have released Mosaic 3.1? That's the longest between minor versions that I've ever seen in a computer program.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum