View Full Version : Create a website

Larwex
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
How to create a website if you can not learn HTML ? :confused:
What are you think about website builders like Site2you.com?
Maybe other any choices to create a website fast and easy?

VIPStephan
10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
My opinion: Don’t do it if you don’t know what you are doing.
Generally, website builder applications are crap and if you really think you should publish a website but don’t have the time or interest to learn how to do it yourself then pay someone to do it properly. If it isn’t worth your money and you still have no interest in learning it yourself then I think you shouldn’t have a website at all in the first place.

There is enough crap on the internet so please think twice whether you should add even more crap to it or just leave it.

shakir
10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Almost host providing site builder / template etc.. its easy just add your content and pictures and build it. Other wise download some free template and then using MS frontage SW ( with ms office ) fill ur data.. its easy any how if u need template site check it on the following
templatesbox.com/templates.htm

oracleguy
10-12-2009, 05:12 PM
My opinion: Donít do it if you donít know what you are doing.
Generally, website builder applications are crap and if you really think you should publish a website but donít have the time or interest to learn how to do it yourself then pay someone to do it properly. If it isnít worth your money and you still have no interest in learning it yourself then I think you shouldnít have a website at all in the first place.

There is enough crap on the internet so please think twice whether you should add even more crap to it or just leave it.

I'll second that advice. Though learning HTML and the basics of web design isn't too hard.

DK-Tandy
10-13-2009, 11:51 PM
if you wish for a website and not want to pay anyone or learn anything, try a CMS, something like Joomla ??

Darkie
10-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I second what has been said. If you're too lazy to learn anything, either pay someone to have everything done, or give it up. Regarding online website builders, if you still decide to go on, you should make a little research. There are dozens of website builders on the web, most of them provide free trial periods. Register and start playing with them. Eventually, you'll come up with the best one, having the largest variety of options, easy-to-handle and reasonably affordable. I tried several ones while trying at the same time to learn some html and css. My personal recommendation - Site123.com. It's both WYSIWYG and gives users access to the source code, if they have expertise in html/css/php/Javascript.

it career
10-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Do not use site builder software , you can find step by step guide on how to create a website at website like http://www.aplis.net/ ,etc.

DK-Tandy
10-14-2009, 11:56 PM
or you could pay me, i'll do it for you hehe.
xD

fifth
10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
To an extent I agree with most of the opinions in this thread that there are enough bad sites and the web does not need more.

But, I don't think I would base this entirely on a sites design.

imo the content is the most important element. If the content is good enough then (again imo) even a plain text file gets the info out there.

Having a good design obviously makes your content more accessible to users, but the content itself is what really counts, not the design.

bazz
10-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Having a good design obviously makes your content more accessible to users, but the content itself is what really counts, not the design.

Is there any point having good content if it isn't accessible?
Good design doesn't mean pretty and fancy to look at. It is more about how the page is coded and it is that which affects accessibility more than naything else imv.

Ideally accessibility and good content should work in parallel and so crappy sites built with site-building software reduce the value of the site both to the visitor and to the business.

Best thing for the OP to do is to take some time to learn how to build a site himself/herself and to decide after that whether to continue coding or to employ someone. AT that stage, they will be better informed to be able to mkae a better decision with regards to whom they employ.

bazz

fly
10-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree with jocoolguy, you can google it and you will find many sources you can make use of.

Larwex
10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I'll second that advice. Though learning HTML and the basics of web design isn't too hard.

Thanks oracleguy... I just try to learn simple steps in HTML but it looks like too hard for me. :(

it career
10-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks oracleguy... I just try to learn simple steps in HTML but it looks like too hard for me. :(

HTML is easiest language .

Larwex
11-02-2009, 11:18 AM
English is easiest language :D

GoodBanners.com
11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
if you dont know HTML, use a CMS, maybe try wordpress, and start from there.

if its a personal website, I wouldnt bother paying someone, just use a WYSIWYG editor and put something together and learn from there. if its business, definately pay a professional to do it, don't even attempt it on your own, your website represents your business and you want it to look professional.

Larwex
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
if you dont know HTML, use a CMS, maybe try wordpress, and start from there.

if its a personal website, I wouldnt bother paying someone, just use a WYSIWYG editor and put something together and learn from there. if its business, definately pay a professional to do it, don't even attempt it on your own, your website represents your business and you want it to look professional.

Well, the main point - I do not have time for this, I have little money and I can spend them for my newbie business, is that not smart enough? :)

bazz
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
what type of business is it?
Is it likely to sell stuff online or bring in any income from the web?

if the answer to q2 is yes, then you ought to make time. if the answer was no, it is of less priority to have a site and so you can take time over it to learn.

I think the main suggestion in this thread is not to go with auto site builders. they ain't as good even compared with an amateurly build one which is semantic and validly coded.

bazz

Larwex
11-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, its not that big secret. I want to open little restaurant, something like fast food and sell the tickets for monthly visiting in internet.

iwdesigns
11-17-2009, 12:23 AM
a good site builder for ppl who have no idea is ...

webdwarf

matthew23
11-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi There!
This is Matthew
Im new in this site!
Almost host providing site builder / template etc.. its easy just add your content and pictures and build it. Other wise download some free template and then using MS frontage SW ( with ms office ) fill ur data.. its easy any how if u need template site check it on the following
templatesbox.com/templates.htm
Just keep on posting Guys!
Thanks!
Good Luck!...

Zangeel
11-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, its not that big secret. I want to open little restaurant, something like fast food and sell the tickets for monthly visiting in internet.

That's a serious investment, and if you have the investment for that you'd have the investment for a professional site too. You wont get much here, since most of us are avid haters of WYSIWYG; since it makes what we do "childs play" when it is in fact not. Learning isn't hard at all I promise you that much and if you want to go ahead and try we're here to help.

Website builders will give you standard templates lets you write stuff down, and that's about it, if thats sufficient get a 3 dollars hosting deal with some overselling web host, that offers a WYSIWYG Website builder, and have fun with it but if your business is successful youd be wanting professionalism, and that kind of stuff isn't professional.

bazz
11-19-2009, 06:51 PM
That's do-able but you'll need (obviously), the website but the engine part of it wil need to be a database with a shopping cart, a content management system and a payments system. You will also require a secure (https) protocol as well as a secure server becvause iof people have paid for something you need not to lose it from the db or have the db corrupted.

That little lot has put your costs up but I think, too, it has passed you over into a position where you need professional stuff and wysiwyg is more for amateurs.

I can't suggest likely costs but they would be considerable. What you are really seeking is a web business and not just a website.

bazz

italianleather
11-22-2009, 06:52 AM
You can blog if you really do not want to learn how to use HTML.

However if you are serious in building website, at least learn some basic HTML so that you at least know where the pieces are.

Larwex
11-22-2009, 12:43 PM
That's a serious investment, and if you have the investment for that you'd have the investment for a professional site too. You wont get much here, since most of us are avid haters of WYSIWYG; since it makes what we do "childs play" when it is in fact not. Learning isn't hard at all I promise you that much and if you want to go ahead and try we're here to help.

Website builders will give you standard templates lets you write stuff down, and that's about it, if thats sufficient get a 3 dollars hosting deal with some overselling web host, that offers a WYSIWYG Website builder, and have fun with it but if your business is successful youd be wanting professionalism, and that kind of stuff isn't professional.

I dont understand why Wysiwyg is better than Site2you...
Its cheaper or got more function?

Deacon Frost
11-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I dont understand why Wysiwyg is better than Site2you...
Its cheaper or got more function?

A WYSIWYG editor allows you to go off of what you envision. I'm not sure what site2you is, as I've never heard of them, but automated builders are not that great.

My recommendation is invest just a little bit of money for a coder somewhere. A reverse bidding site is your best bet: http://rentacoder.com. Simple to use, and quick response.

Otherwise, well, just learn it =/. The cheapest, most effective way to do anything is to do it yourself. http://w3schools.com. I've taught people HTML and CSS in a day, and got them started on basic PHP. It's really not that difficult with the right mindset, and you're better off doing that than spending hours browsing for a different solution.

ayansin
11-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Well you can still create a website even if you don't know any HTML. Here are the few tutorial sites that will help you:

Steps to create a website (http://www.steps-to-create-a-website.com)

How to make a website (http://www.howtomakeawebsite.com)

Make a website (http://www.make-a-website.com)

Thanks

MWick
11-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Get an hosting account with cpanel and fantastico. These control panels have tons of content management systems lile wordpress or joomla you can get installed with the click of a button. Just go on from there.

Larwex
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
A WYSIWYG editor allows you to go off of what you envision. I'm not sure what site2you is, as I've never heard of them, but automated builders are not that great.

My recommendation is invest just a little bit of money for a coder somewhere. A reverse bidding site is your best bet: http://rentacoder.com. Simple to use, and quick response.

Otherwise, well, just learn it =/. The cheapest, most effective way to do anything is to do it yourself. http://w3schools.com. I've taught people HTML and CSS in a day, and got them started on basic PHP. It's really not that difficult with the right mindset, and you're better off doing that than spending hours browsing for a different solution.

I can hire a coder, but where is garantee that he will make the website at time and I will not loose the time?

Larwex
12-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Hah, just like I thought... ;) When I just starting to talki about time all offers are gone forever :D

bazz
07-31-2010, 12:23 AM
well when you employ someone you can build in time penalties for when they may not deliver the new site in line with the timing in the agreement/contract.

Certainly, a good designer will have you up and running and save you much time, when compared with time spent looking around yet, not actually running with someone.

have you a website of any description yet? even a domain name?

bazz

deadmix
08-06-2010, 05:56 PM
There is a Sevarla ways to creat a website, at least you need the HTML Basic to start Creating it.. Read this Article :

http://www.squidoo.com/creat-a-website-for-free

Hope that can help.

cvbcbcmv
08-21-2010, 06:11 AM
WORDPRESS WORDPRESS WORDPRESS WORDPRESS, I LOVE WORDPRESS, you should use it. If your hosting doesn't have an autoinstall I'll do it for you. It's hard to figure out but when you start learning how the database stuff works it's easy.

grumpy
08-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Install Wordpress through Fantastico if you have Cpanel running your web hosting account, pick a nice theme for the wp installation (millions of them out there) and just point and click and your site is done. Now all you have to do is start making posts.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum