View Full Version : Does anyone use Adobe Flash Media Server

10-08-2009, 04:26 AM
hey guys

i am trying to setup a live video broadcast only with Flash Media Encoder and Flash Media Server

I have FMS development because its a free trial

I have set it up working, however it has to be on the same computer

i used this tutorial (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/webcasting_fme_05.html)

however, the guidelines were to use localhost, so it only works on my one computer

i installed the full version with the HTTP Apache server, and I opened port 80 too

it works, but i want EVERYONE to be able to see it. I tried everything with my IP instead of localhost

and it didnt work

is the adobe flash media server developer apache server built for external connections? because I try my ip in my browser ( and i get nothing, but when I type localhost in my browser, the splash screen for Flash media server comes on

i just want to be able to stream live video!!!

10-08-2009, 04:36 AM
i use red5

10-08-2009, 04:38 AM
can you explain what that is? i just went to the site

is it a free version of Flash media server?

and is it compatible with Flash media encoder?

10-08-2009, 04:40 AM
its a open source media server, uses java and apache ant. pretty simple install. you can use it with flash media stuff. since its all ip:port based.

10-08-2009, 04:42 AM
ok kool

do you have any tips for this?

I'm pretty new, i just want a justin.tv and ustream.tv alternative to my broadcasts.

10-08-2009, 04:47 AM
i installed it for a friend for is social network site, which uses live broadcasting and video/audio recording. i just installed it and he entered the RDS ip and it worked. just find an approprite install tutorial for your OS.

10-08-2009, 01:21 PM
ok great!

ill try it out

but you did say that it worked with flash media encoder right?