View Full Version : Q about meta tags / seach bots

04-07-2003, 11:05 AM
If the 'contents' meta tag contains different words for each page of a website, will a search engine robot spider more pages than if the contents were the same ?

04-07-2003, 02:29 PM
It really depends on the spider, I think in most cases the spider will only go a few pages into your website no matter what the metas say. Possibly it will take a greater sample but I don't think that it makes that much of a diff.

Try looking at google's (http://www.google.com) faq page or something, it will at least give you some insight into how they spider.

I have heard that some spiders only go one page into your website also so *shrug*, .. ;)

I'll have a looksy for some more info on this though.

04-09-2003, 07:21 AM
If you are lucky enough to get a spider to your site, it will follow all the links you have on that "page"

So if you have a huge site, and link sto all pages, the spider can work for a long time. LOL!

As of listing the site, that depends on the content of your page, and the rules of the engine visiting.

I am at the moment using smartpages. And I have to say, this is the best way I have ever used to drive traffic to my sites.
Im not at the top of the searchengines, but I do get more traffic now, than I ever did before. Have a look: