View Full Version : Run Chrome inside IE6

drhowarddrfine
09-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Google created a plugin that allows you to run Chrome inside IE6. So, if you're stuck in a company that can't let you upgrade, see if you can use this.
Link (http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/09/22/google-turns-internet-explorer-into-chrome-yes-seriously/)

gsnedders
09-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Hmm, I wonder how much help this will be, as you still have the fundamental issue of whether you can convince a user to download another piece of software to use your site, and it doesn't circumvent any of the (quite often fairly draconian) restrictions that are often in place within corporate networks related to installing other applications and plugins. As far as I can tell, the majority of people who might use it are just as likely to use a whole different browser.

Also, it isn't just IE6: it's IE6–8.

Apostropartheid
09-26-2009, 08:45 PM
The only utility I can find for this is Windows versions below XP. Pretty cool, all the same.

gsnedders
09-26-2009, 10:48 PM
The only utility I can find for this is Windows versions below XP. Pretty cool, all the same.

Both Chrome and Chrome Frame require XP SP2 or above. (Firefox and Opera both support 2000 and XP-pre-SP2.)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum