View Full Version : Trying to output a comma delimited file (csv)

Bobafart
09-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello, I am trying to create a script that output a csv file from data I am querying from a mySQL table. Keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpheader() in /home/foo/bar/exportmycsv.php on line 1

<?php
header('Content-type: application/x-msdownload');
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=exportcsv.csv');
header('Pragma: no-cache');
header('Expires: 0');
include("myconnect.php");
$sql = "SELECT theDate,theTitle,theContent FROM mycal ORDER BY theDate ASC";
$result = mysql_query($sql);
if($result){
echo "Subject,Start Date,Start Time,End Date,End Time,All Day Event,Description,Location,Private\r\n"; //header
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){
echo "\"$row[theTitle]\",\"$row[theDate]\",\"false\",\"$row[theDate]\",\"false\",\"false\",\"$row[theContent]\",\",\"false\"\r\n"; //data
}
}
?>

can someone tell me what I am doing incorrect? it all appears satisfactory to my eyes

Fumigator
09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't see any call to phpheader()... is that script called exportmycsv.php? Are you looking at the right folder?

MattF
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Add a blank line after the opening <?php tag and see if that makes any difference. What format are you saving the file in? Rich text, by any chance?

karthikm19
09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
check this line
---------------

echo "\"$row[theTitle]\",\"$row[theDate]\",\"false\",\"$row[theDate]\",\"false\",\"false\",\"$row[theContent]\",\",\"false\"\r\n"; //data

replace this line with the following line and try

echo "\"" . $row[theTitle] . "\",\"" . $row[theDate] . "\",\"false\",\"" . $row[theDate] . "\",\"false\",\"false\",\"" . $row[theContent] . "\",\",\"false\"\r\n"; //data

orca8767
09-19-2009, 01:48 AM
It'd be much better to do:

echo '"'. $row['theTitle'] .'","'. $row['theDate'] .'","false","'. $row['theDate'] .'","false","false","'. $row['theContent'] .'",","false"'. "\r\n"; //data

Bobafart
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
It'd be much better to do:

echo '"'. $row['theTitle'] .'","'. $row['theDate'] .'","false","'. $row['theDate'] .'","false","false","'. $row['theContent'] .'",","false"'. "\r\n"; //data

Thanks for all of your help gents

Orca, you rock. The problem was solved with your fabulous post.

Thanks again all

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum