View Full Version : How do i add login and password on splash page

sixrfan
09-18-2009, 08:00 PM
what's the best (free) way to add a login and password to my splash page, kind of like these guys have? https://secure.reportingsystem.com/rhone/

most of the tutorials i've found only tell you how to build a login and password entry system that creates a login popup in front of a blank white page behind it. But i want to add the login functionality to my splash page.

please advise. thanks!

actually just a login, or just a password would be fine. whatever you want to call it, i guess it doesn't matter, but just one field where the visitor has to put in the correct info.

Fumigator
09-19-2009, 12:34 AM
The tutorials are basic like that because they assume you will go ahead and take the HTML and put it into some other page, such as your splash page.

mlseim
09-19-2009, 05:52 PM
You have to decide on how elaborate the login-system has to be.

1) How many people?
2) Can they register themselves? (create their own username/password)?
3) When they register, do you need to verify the email address with an "email confirmation"?
4) Do you need an admin page where you can control add/edit/delete users?
5) Do they need an email sent back to them if they forget their login?
6) How secure does it need to be? How "sensitive/personal" is the information?

When you say "just add a password login to your page" ... what does that mean?

In any case, you'll be using PHP SESSIONS, so you'll need to know a bit about PHP (and maybe MySQL),
and your web pages will either need the extension of .php, or you'll use .htaccess to
process .html pages as PHP. Just a heads-up since you didn't post this in the PHP
section.

Each page of your website needs to check for valid user, and if the information is sensitive,
you'll need a secure server. You probably need to give us more information to answer this.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum