View Full Version : Basics: flashlog.txt

09-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi, how's things? Thanks for stopping by.

All I'm looking for is a quick 'clarify' relating to in-browser testing of Flash Components which produce so many warnings, it's a real bind. (AS2).

"Warning: (someNamedThing) is not a function"
"Warning: '(someInstance)' has no property '(property)' "

These are defaults in the component which I've not bothered to set nor do I need to (do I?)... Is there a way to suppress these, so I just get my items listed?

And... two parts to this: has anyone observed statements occurring in Flashlog.txt which are some sort of hang over from a previous player instance... this shouldn't be happening should it? I've seen listed in Flashlog.txt a statement http://farm3.static.flickr.com/etc.jpg, and when I put the address into the browser it linked to an image on a site I'd visited the day before and not since... opinion anyone?

Thank you in advance.

09-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I know there are lot's of reasons why things don't get responded to.

Is the reason here because no one is using Flashlog.txt approach/method to debug?

I'll admit, I generally, when I really have to test in browser (because of interface with say, php, or JavaScript) I tend to use a dynamic text field and feed info to it once I've established the external interface is issuing the instruction correctly. I've not attempted to use Flashlog.txt before, but in a sudden fit thought I should turn that pebble over too out of curiosity.

Opinions welcome, always interested in how you guys work (guys being genderless when I use it) cos I learn stuff from ya and that's what this forum's here for. I've kind of abandoned Flashlog in favour of my trusty in-built temporary dynamic text field approach. What is other peoples strategies if you don't mind sharing?

09-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Hi, how's things? Thanks for stopping by.
Tattoo laser removal free trial - Tattoo removal cream before and after pictures (http://tattooremovalcreamblog.com)