View Full Version : gettin rid of the horizontal scrollbar

IDontCode
07-11-2002, 04:29 AM
hello...i make websites and on my layouts..i get a horizontal scroll bar..and nothing is their to scroll over to look at..i was wondering if anyone had a javascript or something that i could put in my HTML so it would hide/delete/get rid of the horizontal scroll..ok thanks:rolleyes:

adios
07-11-2002, 04:34 AM
<head>
<style type="text/css">
body {
overflow: hidden;
}

IDontCode
07-11-2002, 04:44 AM
that doesnt help me much...:( anyone else?
http://future.boomspeed.com/konfuzed/ridofit.gif

Mackhacker
07-11-2002, 05:56 AM
maybe the tableproporties is wrong... really nice site anyways :cool:
---
Markus:cool:

IDontCode
07-12-2002, 01:33 AM
maybe..but i know their are scripts that will do the trick..i found one to hide the vertical bar awhile ago..i just need one for the horizontal one..can anyone help me out?!? thanks

IDontCode
07-12-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by adios
<head>
<style type="text/css">
body {
overflow: hidden;
}
hey..that hides both bars.."Adios" u got any idea how i just get it to delete the horizontal bar? and leave the vertical alone?

joh6nn
07-12-2002, 02:13 AM
body {
overflow-x: hidden;
}

it's notoriously buggy, though. if i were you, i'd do a real thorough check, to see why it's happening in the first place.

boxer_1
07-12-2002, 02:18 AM
I would ask for a link to your site, but I would bet the content would violate the rules of this board. Like joh6nn suggested, you should really go over you source code and see if you can locate the cause. Could be the width of the image(s) too.

How about you post a relevant portion of your source code, just be sure to edit out any inappropriate content before posting the code ;) .

IDontCode
07-18-2002, 04:51 AM
thanks anyway guys...got my answer from a thread just like this one! peace:thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum