View Full Version : Would using a framework decrease site value

The_Return
09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Right now my site is built off from scratch but I want to make it neater and more user-friendly since I plan on selling it when everything is finished so I would like to use a framework such as codeigniter to do so.

Would using such a thing decrease the site value?

seco
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
well if you put a supercharger, new rims, tires, breaks, etc on a car would it decrease the value?

The_Return
09-17-2009, 01:10 AM
well if you put a supercharger, new rims, tires, breaks, etc on a car would it decrease the value?

Depends if that's a classic original car and you replace it with rims and parts anyone can get. I know if your code is 100% unique it usually has greater value.

seco
09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Depends if that's a classic original car and you replace it with rims and parts anyone can get. I know if your code is 100% unique it usually has greater value.

well, i think the value of the site is more traffic/visual appeal in the long run.

Zangeel
09-17-2009, 05:23 AM
Not really, a lot of people feel safer with concrete script, for example "reCaptcha", because it's time tested. When a website is classic, it means it sucks. So making it 2.0 only increases value.

kbluhm
09-17-2009, 05:48 AM
What's the context of the imminent sale? Is this a site you're building for a client, or is it strictly to "flip" once complete?

If it's for a client, they couldn't care any less how it is programmed... that is why they hired you to do it!

If you're building it just to flip it, I would imagine the content and traffic (and probably potential traffic) is all that matters to the buyer, to which seco alluded. The only one who will appreciate (or despise) the code base is the programming team/individual who gets assigned to maintaining -- or rewriting -- the original. :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum