View Full Version : View Family Guy Online (Feedback please)

09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey all, I recently setup the website removed. It's been running for about a week now and has been receiving a steady stream of visitors. If you could give some feedback on the design/layout/functionality etc I would really appreciate that. Please remember not to comment on missing videos as I don't want this topic to go in any other direction than design/functionality feedback.

In a few days I should have commenting and rating implemented and I'd like your feedback on any other suggested features that should be implemented.

p.s. the video page doesn't validate due to the flash embed code, if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix that I'd also appreciate that :)

Regards all that reply.

09-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Do you have a licence for this content?

09-13-2009, 10:46 PM
The content is not hosted via our site. I'd prefer discussion of the design/functionality rather than the actual content.

09-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Does the third party have licences to the content? If it doesn't, look at the recent ruling over The Pirate Bay. You're still treading the line of legality. It does matter, because I wouldn't help someone who's dealing in illegal content and I would like the reassurance.

09-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Well, as much as I love Family Guy I suspect that you are not at all interested in any honest critique or suggestions about the design of your website since it’s basically already up and running (and not looking too bad, design wise, I must admit). The fact that you suspiciously put just the right keywords as tags in your thread and the questionable legality of the entire content does make it look like advertising for which these fora are the wrong place.

If you could answer Apostropartheid’s question with a simple “yes” or “no” it would make the decision much easier whether this entire thread or just your link should be removed. Is the content displayed on your site legal?

Phil Jackson
09-14-2009, 06:53 AM
Of course it isn't.

09-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I hope Seth MacFarlane opens up a big ol' can! He's a rich mofo too so he could if he wanted.

09-14-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm surprised Fox hasn't gone after the site owner before. They've obviously been getting the videos shut down though.

Are you the guy that paid $300 for that site? july thread (http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=65672)

Taking a huge risk in my opinion.

Of course, you've posted this same question in a bunch of places so perhaps you're just trying to improve traffic, increase it's value, then flip it. Who knows.

09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm going to close this thread, as it's both potentially spam and an illegal web site.