View Full Version : Question for web designers, what tool(s) do you use for mocking up a web page?

primefalcon
09-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm just curious what everyone else does when trying to come up with a design for a webpage?

The 2 tools I tend to use are dia and the gimp, But I am just wondering what everyone else tends to use for this process

FWDrew
09-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm just curious what everyone else does when trying to come up with a design for a webpage?

The 2 tools I tend to use are dia and the gimp, But I am just wondering what everyone else tends to use for this process
Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator :)

twistedsoul
09-13-2009, 11:50 AM
photoshop, dreamweaver & filezilla!

Apostropartheid
09-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Same as FW. I tried using GIMP but it slowly killed my soul.

VIPStephan
09-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I’m using Fireworks, it does everything I need. If more advanced graphics are necessary sometimes Illustrator comes to help.

clunk.werclick
09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Gimp, Inkscape with the code in Geany.

rhino56
09-19-2009, 02:12 AM
i love photoshop, im still learning dreamweaver, which is why im here LOL

VIPStephan
09-20-2009, 12:05 AM
[…] im still learning dreamweaver, which is why im here LOL

However, for “learning Dreamweaver” you’re in the wrong place here. You can learn how to code (write code by hand, that is) but not how to use the “bad” side of DW to create websites. Dreamweaver is just a tool as any other code editor and you have to know what you’re doing before you can use a tool effectively. Here you can only learn the craft – and for this craft you don’t need DW, there are many similar (and way cheaper and less bloated) tools doing mostly the same things.

voyage09
09-20-2009, 03:48 AM
I know a professional web designer that is using Plain Text Document as the code editor! He told me that he wants to control the code himself rather than using those proprietary software like Dreamweaver, frontpage and etc.

Apostropartheid
09-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that's not really that unusual. I've coded entire sites in Notepad because I couldn't be bothered to install another editor. To be honest, starting from scratch in Notepad is probably the way I'd recommend you to learn.

MattF
09-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah, that's not really that unusual. I've coded entire sites in Notepad because I couldn't be bothered to install another editor.

Some of us never leave the text environment for our coding either. :D Everything I do is via Vi.

seco
09-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Same as FW. I tried using GIMP but it slowly killed my soul.

lol agreed

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum