View Full Version : Updating from CS3 to CS4

jcdevelopment
09-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I recently upgraded to the newest version. My question is, when all is installed it still left my old CS3 programs on my computer, is it safe to delete them?

thanks for any help.

effpeetee
09-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I recently upgraded to the newest version. My question is, when all is installed it still left my old CS3 programs on my computer, is it safe to delete them?

thanks for any help.
Do you mean CSS3 and CSS4.

Frank

bazz
09-04-2009, 07:50 PM
he's talking about photoshop, which I haven't used and so am not able to offer help.

bazz

jcdevelopment
09-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Do you mean CSS3 and CSS4.

Frank

No, its the Adobe Creative Suite 4. You have CSS on the mind Frank, you need to shake it. :thumbsup:

_Aerospace_Eng_
09-04-2009, 09:06 PM
If it did an "upgrade" then I would leave them. Some of the CS3 files could be used with CS4. Are you able to uninstall CS3 or did it just overwrite everything?

effpeetee
09-05-2009, 08:47 AM
No, its the Adobe Creative Suite 4. You have CSS on the mind Frank, you need to shake it

Actually JCD It's just the opposite. I have just replaced my Photoshop CS2 with Fireworks CS4. I though that it might be CSS because I couln't think why CS3 to CS4 would create a problem.

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Actually JCD It's just the opposite. I have just replaced my Photoshop CS2 with Fireworks CS4. I though that it might be CSS because I couln't think why CS3 to CS4 would create a problem.

Frank

Considering there isn't a CSS4 draft out yet it wouldn't make sense to even think of CSS4 in this thread. :rolleyes:

effpeetee
09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Considering there isn't a CSS4 draft out yet it wouldn't make sense to even think of CSS4 in this thread. :rolleyes:
No Aero. I wasn't with it that day. I had a bad nights sleep. I'll have to keep off the Horlicks, or put more milk in it.

CSS4: the mind boggles. I haven't even come to terms with CSS1 yet. Bring back Windows 3.1, I say

Frank

VIPStephan
09-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, I can only speak from my Mac experience and there you also have both programs since it’s not upgrading but installing the new version next to the old one (but both programs are using the same preference files etc. It shouldn’t hurt to uninstall the older program but do a custom uninstallation if this is possible to not remove the preferences (unless you really want this).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum