View Full Version : Collections in VB2003

09-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I am using code that unfortunately uses collections, I'm not sure why it does but it does. Is there any way of adding multiple items to a collection?

At the moment it has:

CType(stat(sta), collection.Add(item)

I want to have it contain item one and two, similar to:

.Add(item1 && item2)

Is this possible or will I have to create an array list or collection of collections??

09-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Can you not just call collection.Add() twice? Once for each item?

09-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I have tried that but then the display doesn't seem to work properly. The system uses a hash table firstly and then adds in the ID number, done using i = i+1 in a for loop, before adding the items. It seems to work with adding just the ID number and item 1 but when attempting to add item 3 it tends to break. Reading through a VB 'bible' just now to if I can suss it out

09-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Post a little bit more code so the lines you posted previously are put in more context.

09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't VB2003 a .net language? As in Visual Studio 7 or Visual Studio .NET? It should be using the .net framework 1.1 by default so here (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.collections%28VS.71%29.aspx) is the documentation on collections in .net 1.1.

If this is correct, try AddRange instead of just Add.

I can't see why multiple calls to Add wouldn't just work though. I'm pretty sure that in these collections, order is by no means guaranteed if that is what your problem is.