View Full Version : Lack of Maxscript in Forums

adrianis
09-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Wondering if we could start a Maxscript thread for help and questions concerning creation of buttons, color changing and sub object level selection and manipulation.

I'm new to programming:thumbsup:, so maybe MaxScript in itself is not a language. Cuz I checked out the other thread about CMS, and how its not there because its not a language, but I believe that it would be helpful to students who are trying to learn it for school, and people like me who are artists and just want a special button to do that "thing."

So, what do you think?

oracleguy
09-02-2009, 11:51 PM
You are welcome to start a thread about it in the computer programming forum (http://www.codingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21). But I don't think a dedicated forum is necessary considering there isn't a demand for it. If there were enough people here asking and answering questions on it, then maybe.

However in this case since maxscript is tied to Autodesk software (as far as I know), asking in a more dedicated venue (e.g. 3D max forums) would probably yield you better help.

Apostropartheid
09-03-2009, 12:40 AM
I'd never even heard of MaxScript before. I don't think it's particularly in demand around here...

Zangeel
09-03-2009, 11:26 AM
That Computer Programming thread bunches a lot into one category. Id love to see a seperate C/C++ thread, that's an amazingly popular language.

Millenia
09-04-2009, 09:02 PM
The way I see it, is that the reason the computer programming forum 'bunches a lot into one category' is because there isn't nearly as much activity there compared to the Javascript forum say. If you see who codingforums is trying to attract, it doesn't take long to notice why. It's a 'web coding and development' forum and not a lot of people come here just for help with C etc.

seco
10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
i think maxscript would be more popular in a gaming/3d forum.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum