View Full Version : Good or Bad Programming asp.net

joemusicman
09-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I have received some negative comments about the coding on the ilovemusiclive.com website. I just need some unbiased observations. I would appreciate any comments as this is a large project and I have been told that the foundations are poor to use a metaphor. Sloppy is one word used.

Apostropartheid
09-02-2009, 10:30 PM
What? You know we can't see ASP.NET, right?

VIPStephan
09-02-2009, 11:32 PM
And moreso we can’t guess your user name and password which are required to see your site at all. Currently all I get is an error page with a standard parked domain kind of content.

_Aerospace_Eng_
09-03-2009, 01:20 AM
And moreso we canít guess your user name and password which are required to see your site at all. Currently all I get is an error page with a standard parked domain kind of content.

That isn't what I got. Maybe its a US only site?

Apostropartheid
09-03-2009, 03:10 AM
It's working here over O2 3G, so it can't be. The wealth of get flash icons is both scary and depressing, though.

oracleguy
09-03-2009, 03:49 AM
I get an ASP.net error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Out of memory.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.

Source Error:

Line 104: <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
Line 105: <param name="swfversion" value="9.0.45.0" />
Line 106: <param name="expressinstall" value="<%=root%>Scripts/expressInstall.swf" />
Line 107: <!-- The browser displays the following alternative content for users with Flash Player 6.0 and older. -->
Line 108: <div>

Source File: d:\hshome\c269372\ilovemusiclive.com\Index.aspx Line: 106

That isn't a good sign as far as coding goes but if you are on shared hosting, I suppose it could be the fault of another website depending on the exact circumstances.

joemusicman
09-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi All, firstly Thanks for taking time to answer my post, also you should be able to access the site without having to enter a user name or password. This is what I am talking about. I don't understand why this is happening, last night I could access without restriction, now today it is making the same request user name and password. It is driving me up the wall. Any suggestions, keep it clean.

noneforit
09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I get a username and password box (firefox 3.5)

Cant get passed it :cool:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum