View Full Version : Opera 10

adarshakb
08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Please Write your opinion about the new opera 10 browser in beta stage.. liked it.. did u?
here is the download link:P
http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

VIPStephan
08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
First impression is very positive. I like the design better than before although I (still) think the tabs look a little displaced, at least in the Mac version (would be better if they were “hanging” from the top). A feature I also like is the tab drag handle to have the tabs transform into a mini preview of the open pages (although I’m probably not going to use it). That’s something Apple should have thought of. :D

Kudos for passing the Acid3 test. :thumbsup: Also I see that Opera is now supporting text-shadow, too (among many other things as I’ve read).
Another useful thing are the built in developer tools although it sucks that when I activated them it reloaded the page and I’ve lost everything I typed here.

Also nice is the automatic search if I type some keywords into the adress bar. Firefox has done this for quite a while already and I always found it useful.

I’ll use it for a while and see if that’s something I can work with. :)

adarshakb
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Acid Test passed 100/100 :P

IEEXPLORER 8 MANAGED 20/100 Oo

http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/adarshakb/?action=view&current=acid3-screenshot.png

Fumigator
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
What is this Oera? A new browser?

p.s. yeah yeah I know it's a typo... usually we get at least the title right though. :D

ohgod
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
every time i see Oera i die a little inside

gsnedders
09-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Kudos for passing the Acid3 test. :thumbsup:

We don't — we get 100/100 with the rendering the same as the reference (to pass the animation would also need to be smooth). The built-in searching in the address bar has been around for quite a while.

More generally, over the past few months of using Opera, I've grown to quite like the panels, having things like searchable history and info about the current page in the side of the screen. Equally, the UI for tabs on the side is pretty good.

It's nice to finally ship Opera 10, and I hope we can get beyond the at least 9 month old version of Core soon with even more new stuff, but still really nice to be introducing support for things like web fonts, RGBA/HSLA (which I personally have wanted for a while), and selectors API (which should speed-up recent versions of jQuery and Prototype quite a bit, and is generally useful even outwith of them).

Fumigator
09-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Why do you think Opera doesn't hold a larger market share? It's been around forever and should have a larger userbase than <1%... tis a shame.

adarshakb
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Why do you think Opera doesn't hold a larger market share? It's been around forever and should have a larger userbase than <1%... tis a shame.

that is because 99% people are dumb and 1% use their head:thumbsup:

well actually i think that is because i DON'T see any marketing and NEVER seen people switching without considerable disadvantage in theirs. :P

Zangeel
09-04-2009, 03:23 AM

I honestly think it's all about the 'fan-base', get a few loud mouths to support a product, and it's used by default.. like Ellen DeGeneres with Twitter.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum