View Full Version : Issues with headers

michaelespinosa
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I am working on a script to delete photos from a gallery. Basically submit a form to delete.php which grabs the id from the query string and runs the script. Here is delete.php

<?php

require 'database.php';

$id = $_POST['id'];

$q = "DELETE from gallery WHERE id = $id";

$result = $mysqli->query($q) or die("There was a problem!");

if($result) header("location: index.php");

?>

Which when submitted gives me:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c04/h03/mnt/66004/domains/trifitla.com/html/g_b/database.php:1) in /nfs/c04/h03/mnt/66004/domains/trifitla.com/html/g_b/delete.php on line 11

for reference here is database.php:

<?php

$db_name = "photo_gallery";
$db_server = "localhost";
$db_user = "username";
$db_pass = "password";

$mysqli = new MySQLi($db_server, $db_user, $db_pass, $db_name) or die(mysqli_error());

?>

Any help is appreciated.

CFMaBiSmAd
08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Your file database.php either has some characters in the file before the <?php tag or the file was saved as Unicode/UTF-8 and you have BOM (Byte Order Mark) characters that your editor placed at the start of the file.

Make sure there is nothing in the file before the <?php tag and make sure your file is saved as an ANSI/ASCII file.

michaelespinosa
08-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks @CFMaBiSmAd for the tip. I just copied code, deleted the old database.php, created a new one and saved it with the same code. Worked great. Thanks.

I do have one other question for you. Is there a application that let's me load my server logs into and make it more readable and quickly find specific details? Or what is the best way to read logs?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum