View Full Version : manual backups

08-21-2009, 12:55 AM
I have an account with Bluehost and apparently, since my diskspace is over 32gb's, they won't let me do any backups with them anymore.

Does anyone know how I can create backups to my home computer as quickly and less-memory costing?

08-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Copying directly to your computer over FTP, really. Unfortunately, this is going to take a long time. 32GB is not laughable space, especially if you're going to archive it multiple copies, and your ISP is going to complain very loudly. Possibly it's time to switch hosts.

08-21-2009, 08:56 AM
yea, that's what they told me also. anyone have any recommendations for a good host that won't bother me about this?

08-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Quick search on google finds this:

Top rated is Dataflame

Check out their website:

Elite plan is unlimited space + pretty much unlimited everything

15.99 a month is a good deal for that IMO

If not, could rent a a virtual server or dedicated physical server for your hosting

This one also looks good http://www.justhost.com/

08-21-2009, 11:02 AM
wanted to give you guys an update. They said I had 32gbs of space. I was like wow, that much, I only have eight blogs.

Apparently, 31gbs of that space are cache files. They didn't clear it at all. My disc space is only 1.5gbs.

08-21-2009, 08:28 PM
What blogging platform are you running? I've had error logs run into the gigabyte range but nothing that big.