View Full Version : no introduction forum?

08-16-2009, 07:44 AM
i saw no introduction forum?? :(:confused:

08-16-2009, 09:46 AM
We aren't too big on introductions. Just introduce yourself in your first post and thats pretty much it.

08-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I didn't even do that, though that's possibly why everyone thinks I'm a woman.

08-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I didn't even do that, though that's possibly why everyone thinks I'm a woman.

We thought you were a woman because your avatar was of a woman for the longest time.

08-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Programming is a fairly serious "Just the facts, ma'am," (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Friday) get directly to the point sort of business.

I know of a popular programming forum that does have an Introduction section and most of the posts made in it go unanswered.

08-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Introductions are for forums where people discuss, unfortunately, like 70% of people's first posts here (including mine) were just to get help on something, I just stuck around.

Deacon Frost
08-18-2009, 02:34 PM
How is an introduction helpful in getting the job done :rolleyes:?

Meh, I remember reading that there's plenty of forums out there that are focused on the conversation/community aspect. As I see it, CF is really the only place you get great help without a lot of the other bits of drama :P.

(Except for when you bring up Microsoft/Internet Explorer, of course! ... oops)

08-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Exactly that’s what it is. There have been similar questions earlier and I’ve said it already: Nobody cares who you are and what you do all day. This ain’t a teen chitchat forum, we’re here to ask questions and solve problems related to web coding and programming. And if you contribute you get to know each other sooner or later (if you wish).

08-18-2009, 04:25 PM
hidude, meet our helpful, senior members who were all eager to tell you that we don't do introductions... so now you've been introduced :p