View Full Version : Trying to Kill IE6

08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I hardly ever post articles like this, but as I read CNN everyday during lunch, I thought this was a funny, appropriate, and interesting article to come across there:

It's about the web community and web companies attempting to leave behind support for IE6 and forcing the rest of the online demographic to upgrade to any browser other than IE6, haha.

08-06-2009, 07:16 PM
You know that script which makes IE6 behave like IE7? Couldn't we do it the other way around and support legacy applications?

It's a pity businesses don't switch a dual-browser installation.

08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Couldn't we do it the other way around and support legacy applications?
Then it would never go away.

08-06-2009, 08:32 PM
It seems pretty resistant to going away as it is. A new developer wouldn't want to use the dated script.

08-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Linky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8196242.stm) Unfortunately they are keeping it around for another 6 years, although I never use IE anymore so happy days for me

08-15-2009, 04:34 PM
EI6 is the zombie browser that JUST WON'T DIE!
I'm embarrassed to admit I used it until mid last year. Thought it would be too much of a pain to upgrade / change. Then I switched to Firefox. Piece of cake. Go Firefox. Die Zombie Browser!

08-15-2009, 08:06 PM
i switched over to opera as soon as i got a net and had bandwidth limitaions....
It catches data and limits the bandwidth usage soo much. I love the button to turn off/on imge downloads..
I just want to read the text many times... but the stupid images lag me and consume bandwidth... So a perfect solution fix to enable it when i like :)

and older IEs is fully hackable