View Full Version : SEO friendly CMS

ketanco
08-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi,
I have a simple CMS that I built myself with php & mysql. It basically displays the title and the first paragraph on the index page, and if the user clicks to "more" link, it brings up the whole article, from the mysql database.

Other than doing a URL rewrite to have keywords displayed in the URL, I did not do / don't know any other action for better SEO.

What else can I do for my CMS to be more Search Engine Optimized? Note that majority of my content lies in those articles, so I think it is much more important than to optimize the static portion of my site.

Somebody suggested to direct link to dynamic articles and then linking them together but that is not a practical solution nor it is meaningful from a user perspective... (Or may be should I put invisible-to-user static links to my articles from my static main pages?..just a thought)

abduraooft
08-05-2009, 09:32 AM
What else can I do for my CMS to be more Search Engine Optimized? Make sure that your documents are semantic (http://boagworld.com/technology/semantic-code-what-why-how), as it's easier for the search engines to crawl them.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum