View Full Version : My new Joomla site overhaul!

07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey guys,

I have had a Joomla! website I use to blog etc for a while now, and have been using a horrid green free download template, anyway I finally got around to re-designing mine with a shiny new Joomla template! :D

(The link is in my sig)

Although I would like hints about design features, I am more intreagued as to what people think of the content, as eratic as it is I do try and make it easy reading.

BTW: I have intentionally ignored IE6 and its inability to render .png transparency

I am also already of a bug with the search button positioning on firefox on Linux - I am working on that.

Hope you guys can help! :thumbsup:

07-29-2009, 11:57 PM
The green is too bright. Use the darker shade from your logo; that'd look a lot better.

The footer lacks headings, so looks a bit odd.

07-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Yay for Joomla :) I also use it.

1) Please change your site title. Welcome to... is so 1843.
2) The content seems fine, you are targeting new web developers, but some of the presentation lacks as far as giving some visual or contextual clues as to the point of the site. I had to look around to grasp it, something is missing to bring it together.
3) breadcrumbs are in a strange position.

You could probably just use .gif files for the images with transparency, in case you feel like picking up an old friend named IE6.

07-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the critiques, I know about IE6 but that logo exported even at a good gif just doesn't look as crisp and nice :(

I noticed you made a twitter module for Joomla! I made a Flickr! one, fancy teaming up to make some kind of component which controls facebook/flickr/twitter/linkedin etc etc feeds?

Thanks for the tips guys! :thumbsup: