View Full Version : i don't get it

Ste94
07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Can someone help me about this task?

The year is 2055. Little Z is now full grown man, and works in a successful programmers company called "Rainyday". One day when he came home, he found his little son Z with dominos. Z needed some time to remind himself for what those boards serve, but in the end he remembered and decided to have a liitle play with them (in them memory of old good times). Soon he realised that he had problem with their combining.Help little Z to combine the largest array possible of the dominos,considering the well-known rules.

INPUT:
Input is read from standard input.In the first line is number N (number of dominos, N<=100). In the next N lines are read two numbers( 0<= X,Y <= 6) which represent the numbers of a specific domino.

OUTPUT:
To the standard output you should output the largest possible array that can be combined with the given dominos.

Input:
1 3
3 2
2 6

Output:

I wrote program like this:

program zdom;
var n,a,b,c:integer;
x,y:array [1..100] of integer;
begin
readln(n);
for a:=1 to n do
begin
readln(x[a],y[a]);
end;
b:=0;
for c:=1 to n do
begin
if (x[c]=y[c]) or (y[c]=x[c]) or (x[c]=x[c]) or (y[c]=y[c]) then
begin
b:=b+1;
end;
end;
writeln(b);
end.

Task has 15 tests and only 7 is correct when i check with my program. And my question is what is wrong with my program.

it career
07-28-2009, 11:45 AM
x[c]=x[c] will be always true ? what languge is it ?

Millenia
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Can someone help me about this task?Is this a homework task?

1.5) No homework assignments - Do not post your entire homework assignment and request that other members do it for you. This is considered cheating, and your thread may even be used by your school to prove your guilt. Now, you may ask for advice or help on a specific aspect of your assignment that you're having trouble with. Use common sense as far as what's acceptable in terms of soliciting help with homework assignments.

MattF
07-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Is this a homework task?

Some form of competition, apparently.

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=172796

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum