View Full Version : why ie doesnt preload images properly?

sybil6
07-18-2009, 09:51 AM
i am using the javascript Image object to preload images, on FF everything works fine but ie always reload the images so i get some flicking , any way to avoid this?
thanks for your help.

A1ien51
07-18-2009, 12:35 PM
And what IE version are we talking about here. Versions matter. 8,7,6?

Eric

sybil6
07-18-2009, 12:38 PM
version 7

barkermn01
07-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Well update to 8, And its jittery coz your computer cant cope with the load on the CPU using a preloader starts threads if your using a PC that dose not support hyperthreading E.G older then AMD Socket A then your going to have problems, But allso how are you loading the Images

IE like to use threads as it is its ActiveX is a threaded thing to start of with is Javascript is another thread then setting it to download Images in a list it starts a thread per image so that it dose not crash the javascript coz you try loading 30 megs of images down a 512 kb broadband its going to take along time and crash the javascript so it starts a new thread so it's more load on the CPU and Memeory, allso if you using 7 i presume XP SP2/3 or VISTA SP0/1 so try removing the memeory limit per application that might help

But flickering is normally load weather it be GAME, Application, Dektop, Or web Page its PC side not Coding side if it preloads the images its working

randomuser773
07-18-2009, 08:49 PM
i am using the javascript Image object to preload images, on FF everything works fine but ie always reload the images so i get some flicking , any way to avoid this?
Start by posting your code.

sybil6
07-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Start by posting your code.

pic1= new Image();
pic1.src="colonne_jaune.png";

pic2= new Image();
pic2.src="banner_main.png";

pic3= new Image();
pic3.src="gradient_banner.png";

pic4= new Image();
pic4.src="rond_violet.png";

pic5= new Image();
pic5.src="rond_jaune.png";

pic6= new Image();
pic6.src="bouton_recommander.png";

pic7= new Image();
pic7.src="bouton_demande_info_hover.png";

pic8= new Image();
pic8.src="conseiller.png";

i put it on a jquery document ready.i could also put it inside a window.onload but results are the same: no preload

u5772626
07-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Selling cvv,paypal,bank logins,bank transfer,wu bug,wu transfer,fullz,paying online bills,web mailer,mailer,smtp,php,shipping laptops,home theaters and iphone,accept only liberty reserve!

Yahoo: u5772626

randomuser773
07-19-2009, 06:29 PM
i put it on a jquery document ready.i could also put it inside a window.onload but results are the same: no preload
There used to be a problem when a particular ISP mis-configured its servers to serve images with headers that would I.E. interpret as expired, causing the browser to re-download the images every time they were requested. I don't know if this can still happen.
In itself your code looks O.K. since the Image objects appear to be persistent, but it would help to see the code in context.

sybil6
07-20-2009, 09:37 AM
There used to be a problem when a particular ISP mis-configured its servers to serve images with headers that would I.E. interpret as expired, causing the browser to re-download the images every time they were requested. I don't know if this can still happen.
In itself your code looks O.K. since the Image objects appear to be persistent, but it would help to see the code in context.
yes i do have differents behaviors for ff and ie when browsing the site thru differents ISP.

abduraooft
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Make sure that the setting of your IE at

Tools => Internet Options => Temporary Internet files => Settings => Check for newer versions of stored page: is set as "Automatically".

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum