View Full Version : Email + Text Message upon form submission

nicky
07-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I was wondering if it's possible for the below scenario to work.

A visitor fills out my contact form on my website. When they click the submit button, not only does the form submission email in my email inbox, but I receive a text message alert. The text message doesn't necessarily have to contain the whole form submission, but just an alert that I have received a new email.

Possible?

Shannon Blonk
07-16-2009, 11:41 PM
http://search.cpan.org/search?m=all&q=sms&n=150

RabidMango
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm a veteran perl programmer who's stayed away from cpan all my life... now I'm starting to see why it's worth getting into. But I was right to leave it late. I'm even having to learn everything about Linux before completing my full training in perl, to maximise understanding of everything my perl training tries to teach me. But now is the time to start using cpan. It must have a hell of a lot in its landscape, and being able to use it well presumably would lead you to be able to make absolutely anything in the world ever with great ease maximum style, skill and best of all, usually overnight.

Is there a time-travel module? My guess is that cpan was used for building the tardis.

KevinADC
07-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm a veteran perl programmer who's stayed away from cpan all my life... now I'm starting to see why it's worth getting into. But I was right to leave it late. I'm even having to learn everything about Linux before completing my full training in perl, to maximise understanding of everything my perl training tries to teach me. But now is the time to start using cpan. It must have a hell of a lot in its landscape, and being able to use it well presumably would lead you to be able to make absolutely anything in the world ever with great ease maximum style, skill and best of all, usually overnight.

Is there a time-travel module? My guess is that cpan was used for building the tardis.

CPAN is a great resource, but make sure to read the bug reports and any other documentation that should accompany the module.

http://search.cpan.org/~romm/Time-Travel-0.03/Travel.pm

nicky
07-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm utterly confused...

KevinADC
07-17-2009, 11:26 PM
To answer your question about if it is possible, the answer is yes.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum