View Full Version : stack overflow at line 0

sara10mor
07-14-2009, 08:49 PM
When loading my web page I'm getting this error

"stack overflow at line 0"

What can be the reason for that? Is it related to the images I'm using in my site?

Thanks
S.M

tomws
07-14-2009, 09:59 PM
*shakes the magic 8-ball (http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi)*

Response: "My sources say no."

BTW, boo on cross-posting.

Kor
07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
It is hard to say. That is definitely a client-side language error, probably javascript. Check whether you have not, accidentally, load the same external javascript file twice. Or you have two or more functions with the same name. Or maybe you have a wrong recursive construction like:

function foo(){
foo();
}
foo()

or:

function foo(){
fee();
}
function fee(){
foo();
}
foo()

Or a wrong loop statement.

The "stack" (or "too much recursion") message usually occurs when the browser's activity turns onto a sort of endless loop and the wrong recursion occupies the maximum call stack size allowed for that browser.

sara10mor
07-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Why boo? Is there a problem with a cross posting when you need an urgent solution and you are not sure if the issue belong to x forum or y forum...

Apostropartheid
07-15-2009, 09:03 AM
...Um, yes, there is. I don't want to have to clean up after you like this. If it is not relevant in one forum, then it will be moved.

sara10mor
07-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I really had no idea i was doing something wrong.
I had a problem which i was thinking is relevant for HTML forum then someone brought to my attention that this issue is related to javascript and not html so i copied my post to javascript forum. Very innecent move. Can you please tell me what was i suppose to do in this case? what is the right thing to do when you realize that you originally post your Q to the wrong forum?

Philip M
07-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Forum Rule 1.2) Do not crosspost- CodingForums.com is divided into various categories. When initiating a thread, always locate the most appropriate category, and post your question only ONCE, in that category. Do not post the same question in multiple categories.

If you realise that you have posted in the wrong forum, delete your post and re-post it in the correct forum.

sara10mor
07-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks. I understand now

VIPStephan
07-15-2009, 03:51 PM
If you realise that you have posted in the wrong forum, delete your post and re-post it in the correct forum.

Or ask a moderator to move the thread to the appropriate forum (e. g. by using the “report post” feature – it’s not only to report spam, despite its description).

Philip M
07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Or ask a moderator to move the thread to the appropriate forum (e. g. by using the “report post” feature – it’s not only to report spam, despite its description).

Ah yes, but that contains the risk that the moderator will award infraction points!
http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=168241
Better to try and cover it up!

randomuser773
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
When loading my web page I'm getting this error

"stack overflow at line 0"

What can be the reason for that? Is it related to the images I'm using in my site?
Can you guess what you need to show in order to make this question answerable?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum