View Full Version : Where should I store my website for at least 1 GB or storage

BarrMan
07-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey,
I'm currently building website that requires a big storage amount and I would like people to be able to upload images to the website. Also, I would need the website to work very fast and be able to handle many users.

Where is the best place for me to go?

Thanks.

udjamaflip
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
But I use shared hosting with byet hosting, good support, unlimited space, 25gb b/w and I've never had speed issues except when the server drive was dying, but that was only for a few hours.

http://byethost.com/ They give you a free domain if you pay a year upfront and a year is only about 35$

If your after mega speed for loads of users then they do good VPS as well.

hope it helps! :thumbsup:

shakir
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey,
I'm currently building website that requires a big storage amount and I would like people to be able to upload images to the website. Also, I would need the website to work very fast and be able to handle many users.

Where is the best place for me to go?

Thanks.
now almost reliable shared host are offering unlimited disk space. So can go for godaddy or gatot, monster and bluehost..A ll are offering unlimited disk space in shared plan

oracleguy
07-13-2009, 06:36 PM
They give you a free domain if you pay a year upfront and a year is only about 35$

You should never get your domain through your hosting company. The reason is that if they control it and not you, they could hold it hostage if you decide in the future to switch hosts.

udjamaflip
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
You should never get your domain through your hosting company. The reason is that if they control it and not you, they could hold it hostage if you decide in the future to switch hosts.

Yes always make them switch ownership over to you afterwards. :thumbsup:

BarrMan
07-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Each said a different hosting, is there some kind of poll that I could see the results and determine what's best for me?

Thanks for your replies!

laserpointers
07-14-2009, 09:23 AM
just go to dreamhost.com or hostgator.com, they have the features you can upload unlimited amount of webspace.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum