View Full Version : Getting the value from an Array?

loki421
06-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi all,

I've got 2 arrayCollections, one populates a list control, the other lies dormant until a user selects something from the list, an event is triggered which basically gets the image data from a sperate database holding the image info.

So, if a user selects something, it brings up all the details of the object they selected, but the image data isn't stored in that database. A RemoteObject request is submitted and passes the 'model' argument to CF where it then selects the image from imageTable where model = #arguments.model#. This works fine. But it gets returned as an arrayCollection or an array, how can i access the data using dot notation?

i have a bindable var called imageData which is the resultHandler's arrayCollection from the ro.seeImage.

Here's the code:

private function displayInfo(event:Event):void
{
myDetails = new Object();
myDetails = event.currentTarget.selectedItem;// get details from the selected item
var modelPic:String = details.model;// set the model info to string
ro.seeImage(modelPic);// send the info to the remote object
model.text = details.model;
make.text = details.make;
image.load('assets/temp/' + //whatever the dot notation is or var from the arraycollection i have set up in the resultHandler?);
}

i've tried imageData.image, imageData.getIndex([0]), i've tried to create a new object from the imageData var but i need some way of triggering it or selecting it??d

Hope i've explained this ok?

Really hope someone can help with this :)

nikos101
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
hi , try this:

private function displayInfo(event:ResultEvent):void
{
myDetails = new Object();
myDetails = event.currentTarget.selectedItem;// get details from the selected item
var modelPic:String = details.model;// set the model info to string
ro.seeImage(modelPic);// send the info to the remote object
model.text = details.model;
make.text = details.make;
image.load('assets/temp/' + myResultArray[0].data//whatever the dot notation is or var from the arraycollection i have set up in the resultHandler?);
}

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum