View Full Version : flash site it runing slow

06-21-2009, 07:57 PM
hello i have made a site and it is my first ever site i made it in flash cs3 i don't no what's gone wrong but i have uploaded it to a sever and the site is now running very slow on my computer is so fast all pic are about 4kb to 20kb so there not big. can any one help

06-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Wow... that is bad. Really bad. I'm sorry but your site is worthless as it is; You can either scrap it all and start over, hopefully this time without any flash, just well-coded semantic CSS and HTML, or remove the flash and hope the website can stand on its own without it, or a combination of the two. You definitely can't leave it like it is.

06-22-2009, 05:08 AM
One more reply to reiterate my previous post even more emphatically, having seen the flash stuff once it finally loaded, there isn't anything there you couldn't easily do with normal CSS and HTML. And you won't need to paint yourself into a 300x500 pixel corner, which is about the size of your flash (all that wasted screen space, what a pity).

06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I doubt that anyone is going to sit and wait for a 23+ megabyte flash to load. As Fumigator said, there doesn't appear to be any real need for using flash in the first place and removing it will help things a LOT.

06-23-2009, 03:03 PM

thanks for you help i hoped i would not have to start again as i am not a web maker i just used a template and learnt to edit it is there any way to use what i have and chop it up and use it in a html ?