View Full Version : Hiding Window elements in FireFox

KevinJohnson
06-20-2009, 01:06 PM
i've been searching the web for the best way to hide window elements in FireFox. But i'm not finding anything with clear defined answers.

Here are the elements i need to modify:

not resizable
no address bar
no status bar
no file men
no toolbar
no maximize, restore and minimize buttons

:confused:

abduraooft
06-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Mozilla and Firefox users can force new windows to always render the location bar by setting dom.disable_window_open_feature.location to true in about:config

Starting with version 1.4, Mozilla-based browsers have a window resizing grippy at the right end of the status bar, this ensures that users can resize the browser window even if the web author requested this secondary window to be non-resizable. In such case, the maximize/restore icon in the window's titlebar will be disabled and the window's borders won't allow resizing but the window will still be resizable via that grippy in the status bar.

Starting with Firefox 3, secondary windows are always resizable

Users can force the rendering of status bar in all Mozilla-based browsers, in MSIE 6 SP2 (Note on status bar in XP SP2) and in Opera 6+. The default preference setting in recent Mozilla-based browser releases and in Firefox 1.0 is to force the presence of the status bar.
Read https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Window.open for getting more...

So, to summarise, you can't successfully force to hide those features (which are used for the usability and accessibility of the user) in standard browsers.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum