View Full Version : Browser compatablity

howardfan123
06-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Hello
i made a site in Microsoft publisher 2003 about 2 yrs ago and it has worked perfect i was able to update it monthly and expand until ie8 come out and i updated to publisher 2007 now it only works well in ie8 and not as good plus all the options, links, bells and whistles, do not work. i want to edit it to work and do not have a lot of knowledge about coding. does anyone have any suggestions. how can i make it Firefox compatible too. i understand that if i get it Firefox,IE, and Netscape compatible ill be in good shape. i don't have a lot of time to get it up to speed customers are complaining and i am loosing sales fast. any short cuts would be great too. someone pleas help!

abduraooft
06-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Microsoft publisher is one of the worst tool to create a web page. You should never use it or any other WYSIWYG editors. Instead learn to hand code your page with some good editors like notepad++ (or the code view of DW) and write a clean code using semantic (http://boagworld.com/technology/semantic-code-what-why-how) tags.

PS: Validate your code while developing your pages.

VIPStephan
06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Hello
i don't have a lot of time to get it up to speed customers are complaining and i am loosing sales fast.

Honestly, if you have a commercial website and don’t have the knowledge to build/maintain it then hire somebody to do it. This should be the most important expense if you have a business that is relying on a working website. If you want to be professional and make money like a pro then hire a pro to create you a professional website. If you save money on your most important asset then don’t wonder that you’ll lose customers.

terier
06-20-2009, 01:56 PM
You can't think of developing a business website with publisher or without any html/web design knowledge. You will absolutely loose customers then.

Better to contact a web company or a web professional.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum