View Full Version : Bing Versus Google

OKahra
06-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Hello,

I just registered this forum while surfing and Iím curious about what you think about Bing.
According to some news it already started to overtake Yahoo. But it seems to me they canít beat Google. I think more creative ideas and some vision is needed to overtake Google.

Besides of that thereís adsense and adword industry. Google is creative and established firm, Bing brings nothing new to us.

If Google creates linux based operating system, maybe they can overtake Microsoft?

Fumigator
06-16-2009, 10:03 PM
If Google creates linux based operating system, maybe they can overtake Microsoft?

I hope that doesn't happen; I don't want to have to label Google as the evil empire too. (The one on top will always have that label no matter what reality may be)

As for Bing, my wife's best friend's name is Bing and last time I checked, she can't find anything, no matter how hard she searches. 'nuff said. :p

bazz
06-16-2009, 11:09 PM
I find google to be as objectionable as I do Microsoft. They have taken over so much of their respective markets because they were good at first. Now however, with so little competition, they have not progressed at the same rate and it is competition that ensures such progress.

I hope there is a new approach to search. I don't think bing is it. Someone wrote in CF recently that they thought it had already gone bong. :D I don't think it made that much noise, to be honest.

But we need something to come along which will remove such domination and stop all these small companies ringing up - as they do - saying they are google and we could have much more business if we paid them for top listings. when are people going to realise that there can only be one on top and the fight to get there is only going to make one winner - no not the paying customer but, the search engine/advertising company.

Is the 'train reaching the end of the line' and can I hear, "ALL CHANGE".

bazz

awarehost
07-08-2009, 06:11 AM
To be honest, I've never heard of bing! What's so unique about it or is just the same search engine you find in most places!

drhowarddrfine
07-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Bing is Microsoft's original Live search engine that's been rebranded with that name but essentially the same thing except they have a new "decision engine" they bought from some company that is supposed to help make your decisions for you. Kind of like all Microsoft products. :)

It doesn't work from what I can tell. There's been one study, too, that seems to show indications people won't switch and, after spending $100 million in advertising, Bing still has not eclisped Yahoo.

There is a blind test site where you place a search topic and it presents the results of Bing, Google and Yahoo. Over a week or so, I used it and selected which results I thought were the best returned. Out of 100 searches, I selected (without knowing which was which) Google 89 times, Yahoo 11 and Bing 0.

Bing getting no votes was a surprise because you would think would get at least one vote on blind chance alone but perhaps that tells us something about Bing right there.

Apostropartheid
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
People moving over to Bing would be unlikely anyway, even if it were better. Microsoft, ironically, are in a similar position Linux flavours are in now. People don't like change. I know I'm not leaving Google anytime soon.

Also, it has a silly name. Had to be said.

Fumigator
07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
The name Google is pretty silly too, just ubiquitous :p

Apostropartheid
07-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah, it is, but google rolls off the tongue. Goooooooooooooogle. Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle (okay I'm going to be doing that all day now.) The point is Bing just reminds me of 1) Friends, 2) some form of noise to do with a cashier and 3) the noise a microwave makes when it's finished...microwaving.

awarehost
07-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah I have to agree. When I hear Bing, it doesn't sound professional. I just keep on remembering Chandler Bing from FRIENDS!

bazz
07-09-2009, 01:58 AM
lol. I am showing my age when I associate Bing wth Mr Crosby. I hope I am not such a comparitively old guy, that I need explain more, who he was :)

On topic: I think I must be out of step with the world. A search engine is just that - a tool to find stuff. I don't understand (so, I hope someone can enlighten me) why people think Google is the best thing. Surely we should look for search engines which provide information which is either local or subject-specific?

I know of a lot of companies who spend a (relative), fortune on google and see little benefit. Same old story. People think they have to be with the ubiquitous 'one' and behave like lemmings (no disrespect to lemmings :) ), when they could at least occasionally check out the alternatives. Alternatives doesn't necessarily mean competitors and just because something is 'big' doesn't mean it is best.

The only analogy I can think of right now is in concreto. I buy fruit and veg from an (certified), organic farm. Small, local 'trader' and the produce is daily fresh as opposed to weeks old at the supermarket and, even comparing organic with organic, the supermarket stuff is plastic in taste. It's also more expensive and a chunk of the payment doesn't go to the grower(s) because it goes to the middle man. Back to search engines now and the middleman scenario applies to them. I think we should not be fooled that organic search results by these big search engines (like supermarkets), are best. They will price everything - and adjust algorithms - such that they satisfy their vested interest in making us pay for sponsored links.

cynical yet real,

Bazz

nexxterra
08-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Most people overlook the obvious...
Go... Ogle...(to eye; look or stare at.)
I am amazed at how many people actually question how they arrived at this name! Especially those that speak English!
The funny thing about Bing, is when I attempt to use my webmaster account, like the offerings in google and need help, I find when I look for help with my bing account in Bing, I get google results, when I google my question, I get the answers I was looking for....

Apostropartheid
08-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Google comes from a typo of googol, not from a combination of two verbs.

oracleguy
08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Most people overlook the obvious...
Go... Ogle...(to eye; look or stare at.)
I am amazed at how many people actually question how they arrived at this name! Especially those that speak English!

That isn't what they did at all. Completely false. What really happened is that they just misspelled Googol, which is a number and the name they were meaning to use.

IronManFan
08-10-2009, 04:28 AM
i think people better start watching bing.
I just read in the Economist that with MS and Yahoo joining up, Yahoo will now use bing so together MSN and yahoo will handle 30% of all searchs (google will have 65%). It's hard to ignore 30%...

oracleguy
08-10-2009, 07:39 AM
i think people better start watching bing.
I just read in the Economist that with MS and Yahoo joining up, Yahoo will now use bing so together MSN and yahoo will handle 30% of all searchs (google will have 65%). It's hard to ignore 30%...

Competition is good for both sides though. It will at least keep Google from becoming complacent.

VIPStephan
08-10-2009, 10:34 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googol (see section “In popular culture”).

BWiz
08-10-2009, 08:31 PM
For the most part I've noticed that Bing! provides similar results to Google - it's just slower. Though I do like the little facts and pictures that they put on the web site. Of course, you could do that using iGoogle...

Apostropartheid
08-10-2009, 09:56 PM
iGoogle is my idea of living hell. Anyway, that'd make it lose its speed advantage =)

BWiz
08-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Exactly, and that's why I only ever visit Bing when I'm bored.

drhowarddrfine
08-11-2009, 05:20 AM
iGoogle is my idea of living hell.
How so? I practically live in it.

it career
08-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Google puts top ten websites for highly searched keywords manually , if bing starts doing it , google will start loosing .

Apostropartheid
08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
How so? I practically live in it.

I don't know, I guess I don't like the clutter. It's too busy for me. I like to choose where I go and what information to receive, so things like iGoogle are rarely useful at all. I keep my browser homepage to about:blank (which has the helpful addition of speeding up Firefox's load times.)

bazz
08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Google puts top ten websites for highly searched keywords manually , if bing starts doing it , google will start loosing .

Does that mean no-one can get to page 1, for those specific keywords, unless google manually places your site there?

If so, that effectively makes them sponsored links because numerous companies have bought those spaces - so they say - and they charge for their so-called optimisation process, which guarantees you a listing on page 1.

drhowarddrfine
08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I like to choose where I go and what information to receive, so things like iGoogle are rarely useful at all.iGoogle is infinitely customizable. When I go there, the only thing showing is my todo list, calendar and a clock, which boots up almost as fast as local text files like about:config.

Apostropartheid
08-12-2009, 12:47 AM
That's cool, but I've never been one to have a to-do list and my calendar's in my head, my clock's in my system tray...

I don't think Google handpicks search results. There would be accusations of bias.

funnymoney
08-12-2009, 12:49 AM
first time heard of Bing too

drhowarddrfine
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
That's cool, but I've never been one to have a to-do list and my calendar's in my head, my clock's in my system tray...

Then you can remove those, too, but from there I have links at the top for my custom news, GMail, GoogleDocs, news reader and, of course, search. That's everything I start my day with.

Fumigator
08-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Then you can remove those, too, but from there I have links at the top for my custom news, GMail, GoogleDocs, news reader and, of course, search. That's everything I start my day with.

Yeah I tried out igoogle a while ago and removed all the stuff I don't have any use for... it looked pretty much like normal google when I was done, only with an additional button that said "you have no widgets. click here for suggestions."

Another case of "fluff". Give me a killer app or go home :D

drhowarddrfine
08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Another case of "fluff". Give me a killer app or go home :D
Well, yes, I have no use for Microsoft Word so I guess I can call that "fluff", too, but my company and my family uses the tools I mentioned above and it killed off all Microsoft apps for us so I guess it is a killer app.

Fumigator
08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Well, yes, I have no use for Microsoft Word so I guess I can call that "fluff", too, but my company and my family uses the tools I mentioned above and it killed off all Microsoft apps for us so I guess it is a killer app.

You're saying Google docs is your killer app, not the little portal you use to get to google docs, right? The portal is what I refer to as fluff, not google docs. Once docs matures into something comparable to Office (5, 10 years down the road) then I could see myself using it and thinking of it as a killer app-- err, a clone of a killer app, anyway.

But I'm not here to defend Office-- Wordperfect was extremely more way better and even scooped up QuattroPro to cover the spreadsheet arena, which was at least as good as Excel. But it didn't appeal to the masses, sadly. Or one could say, the masses are a lot like sheep, more interested in following the bum of the sheep in front of him than finding a better bum to follow. So my robot job gives me Office.

VIPStephan
08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
By the way: Microsoft Banned from Selling Word in the U. S. (http://mashable.com/2009/08/12/word-patent/)

oracleguy
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
By the way: Microsoft Banned from Selling Word in the U. S. (http://mashable.com/2009/08/12/word-patent/)

I heard that i4i was patent trolling, considering the case is happening in east Texas, that seems quite likely. But I wouldn't put it past MS to violate a patent knowingly or not.

Though it is a little funny that if i4i is indeed patent trolling against MS; MS is kind of reaping what they sow in regards to them using patents against Linux.

drhowarddrfine
08-13-2009, 05:00 AM
I linked to an article, elsewhere, where a guy was saying Word, and all word processors, are dead because they're used to set up pages for printing, but no one prints anything anymore. I hadn't thought about that, and still haven't given it much thought, but he's right, except for companies that print out things out of habit and not necessity. My company deals with about 28 people, employees, freelancers, etc., and we rarely print anything out. I prefer signed contracts and I have to think that's almost it, have to ask my Girl Friday.

drhowarddrfine
08-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Though it is a little funny that if i4i is indeed patent trolling against MS; MS is kind of reaping what they sow in regards to them using patents against Linux.

I just read on ArsTechnica that Microsoft was granted a patent for the exact same thing, somehow, but 6 months behind the competition. So the circular logic is, MS doesn't think it violated a patent which they themselves applied for 6 months later.

Trinithis
08-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Wait... XML as in the markup language? If so, I don't get it. Couldn't the company sue everyone using XML, such as people using it on webpages?

Apostropartheid
08-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Yes but drdr, your company has 28 employees. Go to a company which has thousands upon thousands scattered around a large city with multiple departments and difference faces and you'll see why hard copies are so important.

@Alex: it was a particular method of using XML. I think it was modifying XML source without the user manually doing it. Obviously this is just nonsense and the company is patent trolling. East District Texas is notorious for ridiculous rulings when it comes to patents.

drhowarddrfine
08-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes but drdr, your company has 28 employees. Go to a company which has thousands upon thousands scattered around a large city with multiple departments and difference faces and you'll see why hard copies are so important.No, that's exactly why hard copies should NOT be used.

Obviously this is just nonsense and the company is patent trolling.
Possibly but, if it wasn't important, Microsoft wouldn't have applied for, and received, a patent for the same thing just this week.

Apostropartheid
08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Well, the company had been aware of it for some time: they live off of the MS Word ecosystem. It's done for the money. Why else would they sue a company from Washington in Texas when they're from Canada?

And no, it's exactly why hard copies need to be used. At the public transport company I worked for, you had two main sectors: corporate and frontline. Anything produced for frontline staff needed to be printed because frontline doesn't have the time or space to use a terminal. The trainers needed to produce hard copies all the time because forms and so on are hard to chase up in a big company. Critical documents are printed all the time and archived because the computer system, even though it's pretty good and managed by Fujitsu, is volatile. In fact, usually they send runners because the network infrastructure is transitioning between a legacy thick client and a new thin client type.

drhowarddrfine
08-14-2009, 01:35 AM
That's a weakness in the setup that's not being addressed. Google built hundreds of microcomputers with lcd displays for mounting on meeting room doors just to show changes in meeting room times, saving more than that cost in paper and distribution cost. They addressed the problem. I'll never understand why large corporations don't address such problems.

Now that I think of it, I did work in such a corporation and I DO understand, which is why I only worked there briefly.

Russ723
08-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Microsoft is clearly trying to choose a word that lends itself to use as a verb.

They didn't think it through.

You: I Googled your sister.
Friend: Cool did you like her artwork?

You: I Binged your sister.
Friend: WTF?!? *Physically assaults you*
You: *heads home in cab with steak on eye*

Just something to think about.

bazz
08-14-2009, 02:00 AM
rofl.

Thank you for brightening my day with a bit of humour which contrasts against the trials and tribulations of a programming night(mare).

:thumbsup:

bazz

Apostropartheid
08-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Possibly they managed to go £4 million overbudget in one quarter, but I concede the point.

@russ: lol.

Brandoe85
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Microsoft is clearly trying to choose a word that lends itself to use as a verb.

They didn't think it through.

You: I Googled your sister.
Friend: Cool did you like her artwork?

You: I Binged your sister.
Friend: WTF?!? *Physically assaults you*
You: *heads home in cab with steak on eye*

Just something to think about.
lol nice!

cher
08-16-2009, 06:51 AM
I suppose Google is feeling the HEAT of BING. So it is developing Caffeine .... an new Google search engine.

noneforit
08-16-2009, 09:14 PM
To be honest they dont look much different, results on the left (or centerish for Bing) and sponsered sites on the right.

Still gonna use Google because its simple and it works.

haradeep
08-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Bing can't beat Google, bing is nice & cool SE but Google is much better.

Fumigator
08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
It would be rather amusing to see what would happen if everyone in the entire world used Bing instead of Google for a single day. I'm just sayin.

Brandoe85
08-18-2009, 04:33 PM
It would be rather amusing to see what would happen if everyone in the entire world used Bing instead of Google for a single day. I'm just sayin.
When this thread was born, I started using Bing for searches instead of Google. We were a team dev meeting researching something on a projector and everyone saw me use Bing, sadly, after a day or two I kept Bing'n something and couldn't find what I was looking for so I went back to Google...though, I am still trying to use it! :cool:

bazz
08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I remember when google first appeared there wasn't much to be found on it. Now it has so much it's hard to find everything even though it is likely there.

bazz

drhowarddrfine
08-18-2009, 05:45 PM
after a day or two I kept Bing'n something and couldn't find what I was looking for so I went back to Google...though, I am still trying to use it! :cool:

I hit my head with a hammer. It hurts but I keep doing that, too.

Brandoe85
08-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I hit my head with a hammer. It hurts but I keep doing that, too.
It's only out of pure spite :D

rajuguru
08-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Me too just now registered in this forum and i just want to tell that no other can beat Google. Because they are No.1 search engine and they never drop from that spot and they are sustaining that position easily.

_Aerospace_Eng_
08-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I do prefer google but recently I've found out about Bing's price prediction for flights which could prove to be useful. We'll see.

effpeetee
09-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I think I'll 'ten duotrigintillion (http://www.google.co.uk/)' it.:D

BBC NEWS | Technology | New Google 'puts Bing in shade' 12 Aug 2009 ... Experts suggest Google's new "Caffeine" search engine has features which could overshadow Microsoft's Bing.
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8195739.stm

Kayak to Bing: Stop Copying Us! - Update | Epicenter | Wired.com 24 Jun 2009 ... Kayak, the popular multi-airline airfare search engine, thinks Microsoft Bing's new travel search engine looks so much like its own that ...
www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/06/kayak-bing/

5 Aug 2009 ... Illegitimate pharmacies account for 90 percent of drug ads on Microsoft's Bing, according to a new report.
www.technologyreview.com/web/23128/

Frank

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-08-2009, 09:22 AM
I think microsoft can beat google in coming years because M is trying too hard , has lots of money to invest against google.

Even if it don't beat google but will surely take away some Ads revenue from google.

The psychology of mind is that , it always looks for change and if it find something liitle bit relevant it will accept it and with feedback from people , they can rectify those errors as well.

Microsoft has so much money to invest that it won't look profit for few years but to challenge google.

Most people don't change their home page on IE. They use what ever will come when they open IE so there is windows advantage which google can't handle.

drhowarddrfine
09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I think microsoft can beat google in coming years because M is trying too hard , has lots of money to invest against google.If that were true, it would have happened with Live Search.

The psychology of mind is that , it always looks for changeNo, people like things that stay the same and do not like change.

Microsoft has so much money to invest that it won't look profit for few years but to challenge google.Has Microsoft has ever made a profit from search? I don't think so.

Most people don't change their home page on IE. They use what ever will come when they open IE so there is windows advantage which google can't handle.Same as I said above. IE always used Live Search in the past and couldn't get anywhere so Bing won't be any different.

brad211987
09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I've personally had very mixed results with Bing. There have been quite a few instances where I've found something on Bing much easier than on Google, but in the general sense Google is usually where I find what I'm looking for. Either way, I see Bing as a very easy number 2 behind Google and its picking up market share still. Competition is always welcome, nothing drive innovation more.

Worth noting also that google has some updates in the works for its search engine: http://www2.sandbox.google.com/

I've seen a decent improvement with their updates that I think it will help to fight off the growth of Bing a bit.

Fumigator
09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Maximum PC had a blurb about this website which gives you results from both engines side-by-side... makes it easy to compare quality and relevance of results.

http://www.bing-vs-google.com/

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-09-2009, 01:38 AM
I tried Live before and could not get what i want but with bing i have found only few results which were better than google.

Live stand no where with google and there has not been discussions like LIve vs Google but with bing there are many debates like bing vs google. so something must be there thats why we are posting here.

Google will always be the first choice but what i was saying is that bing can compete little bit

bazz
09-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Google will always be the first choice....

...until something better comes along. Evolution does not respect size but fitness of/for purpose.

bazz

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Evolution takes years and years . Sometimes its difficult to change ur habit. Change happens gradually

bazz
09-09-2009, 02:12 AM
we shall have to wait and see. change happened quite quickly when google arrived in the first place. change can happen again.

Dieter1991
09-19-2009, 02:36 PM
According to some news it already started to overtake Yahoo.

Yahoo and Bing are going to work together

And... no google wont beat microsoft....

voyage09
09-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Bing is definitely the reincarnation of Live. It is a lot better then live as I can see that my website has more hits after Live becomes Bing.

Millenia
09-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I found this interesting if no one has seen it yet:
http://blindsearch.fejus.com/

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
I tried that and bing gave me more relevant results.
Although google has more results than bing but thats only because of very old indexing but i think within months bing will be favorite

drhowarddrfine
09-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Search engine usage stats (http://gs.statcounter.com/#search_engine-US-daily-20090822-20090920)

levani
09-22-2009, 02:01 PM
I think that the one reason why google is so successful is the it's as international as possible. I have non-English language website and Bing indexes it very badly, despite I pay much attention to my site SEO, while google indexes my site almost perfectly.

After I publish new article it takes about 20 minutes google to index it, while Bing indexs it only after several days!

drhowarddrfine
10-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Bing gets dinged. (http://www.crn.com/software/220300899;jsessionid=0R5YRK2W2DGB1QE1GHPSKH4ATMY32JVN)
Loses 1% market share. When you only have 8%, that's a lot.

Apostropartheid
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
It's only 4 months in. It's about a year before we'll see any true indication of where Bing actually stands against google. 4 sets of data really isn't enough to set a trend, especially when the service is very young.

drhowarddrfine
10-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Back when Bing first came out, and they had this big surge of traffic along with a $100 million dollar ad campaign, a lot of forums declared Bing the Google killer and it was only a matter of time before it would overtake it. As I said then, the campaign went away and so did Bing's numbers. Right now, I don't think it's even better than Live's were.

Apostropartheid
10-04-2009, 03:34 AM
Before the Bing launch, Live's share hovered around 4% (source (http://www.seoconsultants.com/search-engines/))

drhowarddrfine
10-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Different strokes for different folks. (http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/08/17/bings-marketshare-continued-to-creep-upwards-in-july/)

oracleguy
10-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Different strokes for different folks. (http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/08/17/bings-marketshare-continued-to-creep-upwards-in-july/)
Since it is around 8%, its hard to say if it is going up or down over such a short time period. They don't say what their margin for error is, so it is hard to say what is going on (if it is going up or level or going down).

It will be interesting to watch though.

drhowarddrfine
10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I just watch the relative numbers but I try to keep my relatives out of this. :)
Graph (http://gs.statcounter.com/#search_engine-US-daily-20090531-20091003)

Bantymom
10-16-2009, 05:18 AM
I think that first impressions in something like this are very important. I like google well enough. I find what I'm looking for most of the time. I'm not any better on other search engines. But because I couldn't always find what I wanted, I was looking forward to the ease and better returns advertised by Bing. I was disappointed. It was no easier, and sometimes the return was even more confusing. After a few weeks, I'm back at Google. I probably won't try Bing again. I'm not that patient. I suspect there might be others like me.

mickeyy
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Google still returns more relevant results. Bing still not smart enough to detect whether site is country code based.
They do it to some extent by the domain name but they don't look at other factors that google do.

Jerry (WGF)
01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I hope that doesn't happen; I don't want to have to label Google as the evil empire too. (The one on top will always have that label no matter what reality may be)

As for Bing, my wife's best friend's name is Bing and last time I checked, she can't find anything, no matter how hard she searches. 'nuff said. :p

Well, guess that means she ain't "using" him...which is good news for your marriage, I s'pose :D

Fumigator
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Well, guess that means she ain't "using" him...which is good news for your marriage, I s'pose :D

Bing's a female. From China. Not sure if it's her given name or not, but she's really cool.

sentril
01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I find bing's interface to be pretty nice and the search results are relevant.

abink
02-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I like Bing's image search, but still prefer google's search results.

cs_student
02-15-2010, 11:45 PM
I really don't care about the looks of either two sites. When I'm using a search engine I am more concerned about the efficiency in which I can find my information. Since I'm on the computer so much I try to optimize my productivity with every keystroke.

While bing does offer some pretty effects, it really doesn't increase my productivity.
Bing does not take long enough to load that you can notice the difference between it and google. So it's not "behind" in the sense of speed.

I haven't used it long enough to tell, but I have heard that it's results are a lot less helpful. (This is from both average and technical friends who have tried it).

I really have no reason to transfer to bing, so I will continue my anti-Microsoft ways and steer clear of the site.

However, with the release of ubuntu 10.04, I might switch to Yahoo (as they are planning on giving Canonical money for setting yahoo to default home page).

They currently have the contract with google, so I use that to help generate revenue for Canonical.

Azzaboi
02-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Google Rulez! They could so easy take control and have so much information about everything and everyone, but they don't! They take one look at Microsoft and say lets not do that. What's funny is Microsoft staff where forced to use MSN9 and Bing.

firstalliancecu
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Many people still equate Google with search engine, but it's really so much more now. They have powerful free tools and databases which are so valuable to a webmaster or business owner. The advanced search tools, language tools, gmail, docs, and now the Buzz, and Friends Connect... there is no real comparison to Bing at all.

cher
02-24-2010, 10:08 AM
No doubt Google has come along way but it surely needs some room for improvement. In some ways, Google looks to be a copy-cat following others strategies. This is very much reflected in the launch of Buzz.

arindra
03-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I think, Bing is more a decision engine than a search engine like Google or Yahoo.

Ronic
06-03-2010, 08:50 PM
The smartest search engine in google for sure but bing is not even close to yahoo but hey every opinion respected. :thumbsup: (http://www.loanconsolidationknowledge.info/federalloanconsolidation.html)

Dean440
06-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Google owns the vast majority of the search market. Bing's not very impressive. And when they aired the original commercials in about having "the world's first decision engine," I wanted Microsoft to go take a toaster bath.

Many people still equate Google with search engine, but it's really so much more now. They have powerful free tools and databases which are so valuable to a webmaster or business owner. The advanced search tools, language tools, gmail, docs, and now the Buzz, and Friends Connect... there is no real comparison to Bing at all.

It's crazy that a company that some people think is just a search engine has total assets worth over 40 billion dollars, and I think I read somewhere that their revenue is greater than that of McDonald's.

Oh and yeah, there's a comparison between Bing and Google. If you're talking about all of the stuff the company Google has, you have to be fair and talk about what the Bing company has. They're Microsoft. Enough said.

Rednip
06-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Bing is acclaimed to be a 'decision engine' however i really find it hard to find the search im looking for. I shall stick with google.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum