View Full Version : Can we make our site better? link-assistant.com

06-15-2009, 09:09 AM
will you kindly review our redesigned website and tell us your thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

06-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Just checking if this user will respond before I post a review, so if you actually want a review and not just backlinks please post and I'll gladly reply!

06-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Well I love backlinks but this time I'd prefer OPINIONS ;)

06-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Great, thanks for confirmation. We got posts from first time posters who never come back, meaning they just want a link.

Coding looks really nice, easy to read and well structured. My only real criticism is the use of javascript handlers in links (onmouseover), they could be redone as non obtrusive.

I feel like there is almost too much text on the homepage, that I can't really get a grasp of what I should look at first. There really isn't anything besides a big red text blob saying something about my website. Its classic SEO, chalk full of keywords, but leaves the user with an overwhelming start. I would bet a simple call to action (besides Download) would be a huge benefit. I guess there is 'Go to Enterprise', but unless you are big you might not get clicks there.

The branding is interesting, but lacks a combining logo for the company. PowerSuite is too strong over the actual site branding, it gives a slight impression that its a spammy site. I would also put the site title on the left, generally that helps with branding.

I think the rest of the site pretty good, so maybe others can provide some thoughts.

06-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Yup I understand your concerns about link spamming... since we've got our own forum... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your review! A professional third-party opinion is what we always need!

06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
When javascript is disabled while loading your page, the dock menu items are out of place(can't view the top portion) and very large.

06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
It's cool. Apart from your image text being strangely aliased (which is really odd, considering most image-editing programmes are capable of having a type engine), the only issue I can think of is the fact you have those buttons four times. That's a bit much. I can understand two. But four is desperate.