View Full Version : Watch links for page change?

dajohnson1s
06-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Hello,

First I would like to say I am not sure if this is possible, but I am making a "Campus Virtual Tour" for my University. What I hope to do is build a list of "Additional Resources", things that would commonly be sought after, then group those in one place. Currently all the things I want to add exists, but its on several different pages. I had thought the easiest way would be just to make links to those pages.

But when I ran this across to my boss, he said he doesn't want to maintain that page. But without the resources page, it almost seems uncomplete.

So, is there a way (client side, or server side) to 'watch' (for lack of a better term) a page, and when that link has been changed, my link on my resources page will also change?

Thanks

Here is an example of what I am wanting to do for our campus:
http://www.osu.edu/map/resources.php

Fumigator
06-11-2009, 05:12 PM
You can certainly set up a PHP script to verify if a link is found/not found using cURL. The challenge will be knowing what the new link is when an old link shows up not found.

gnomeontherun
06-12-2009, 10:32 AM
You could at least notify someone when a link fails by email, and it can be removed by default I suppose until a new link is found.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum