View Full Version : Grayscale Prototyping Process and advanced design topics?

varg
06-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Hi,

I'm getting into the more advanced topics of CSS3 / XHTML web publishing & 2-d design this summer. I want to develop a self-study curriculum (college is too expensive, and doesn't really teach what I want to learn).

I know this is going to sound like a little kid posing this question, but if we didn't ask questions how would we ever learn, right? :thumbsup:

I want to learn the best practices for designing to the grid, and designing for both 1024x768 and 800x600 canvases.

Prerequisites: College Algebra, Technical Writing and XHTML / CSS3 / JavaScript and DOM, modular PHP design and basic understanding of MySQL, matrices etc.

Now that I have these down, I wish to study pagination, user interface design, web usability specs etc. I'll pick up Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Elements, later.

Basically, since employers are looking for customized CMS'es mainly, I wish to study user interface design from a top-down and modular approach.

Any suggestions where to go from here and what reading material is the most up to date?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum