View Full Version : How do the MS explorer windows work?

Deacon Frost
06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
For instance, when you open a folder on your PC, what language are those coded in, and how do they work?

I don't really know what to Google, so I figured I'd ask here to see if any of you knew :P.

I wanna try and modify them to add a different feature that I've never seen before, even though I'll probably have to learn the language first. So any help/advice as to their functionality would be great!

:thumbsup:

BrickInTheWall
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I think you could code something like that using Windows API ...<windows.h> not sure though

oracleguy
06-07-2009, 09:28 PM
They are most likely coded in either C or C++ and they are made up using a collection of various controls.

Deacon Frost
06-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I think you could code something like that using Windows API ...<windows.h> not sure though

Kk, well, that gives me something to Google.

They are most likely coded in either C or C++ and they are made up using a collection of various controls.

Thanks mate!

See, I wanna take a windows folder and add tabs to it like are found on an internet browser. A concept I haven't really seen yet >.<.

So I'm sure the majority of coding is already there, just needs a bit of manipulation :D.

oracleguy
06-08-2009, 02:03 AM
See, I wanna take a windows folder and add tabs to it like are found on an internet browser. A concept I haven't really seen yet >.<.

That would be a nice feature. I *think* KDE might have that functionality but I can't remember. I'll have to look on my laptop later.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum