View Full Version : Help pls - form not sending all info.

leezard
06-06-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm having problems with the form on my Contact page on my website. Upon submission from the user, I receive the name and email in my email inbox, but anything in the comments text box is dropped. Any suggestions?

I'm using Microsoft Frontpage 2007 to build the site, and the following HTML code was used:

<form action="/gdform.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Form Submission">
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="thankyou.htm">
<h3>Send your comments or questions to SnapDragonz.</h3>
Name:<br>
<input type="text" name="name"
value="Your Name" size="20">
<br>
Email:<br>
<input type="text" name="mail"
value="Your Email" size="20">
<br>
<textarea rows="6" cols="35"> Your comments or questions.</textarea>
<br><br>
<input type="submit" value="Send">
<input type="reset" value="Reset">

</form>

abduraooft
06-06-2009, 08:54 AM
<textarea rows="6" cols="35"> Your comments or questions.</textarea> How do you expect something from that element without giving a name attribute?

leezard
06-06-2009, 02:20 PM
How do you expect something from that element without giving a name attribute?

Please keep in mind that I haven't dabbled in HTML since high school -- nearly 10 years ago. And those were basics, at best.

Can you please explain this further, without answering a question with a question?

Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like I mostly got it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

abduraooft
06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Could you please post your gdform.php ?

leezard
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Could you please post your gdform.php ?

I would if I knew how. :) I got all of my info on GoDaddy support, and tried to the best of my ability to understand it all. Copy/paste is a wonderful thing, but the more I go, the more I type and the more I'm understanding.

The form is working now, though. I fiddled with the "name" attribute and figured it out. Thank you. :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum