View Full Version : CSS 3 - Release it Already

Deacon Frost
06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Curses!

Release it already :(. Please!!!!

Every time I go to design, I remember reading something on the CSS page that would be so much more convenient than current methods, and I stop designing.

Anyone know if they're getting any closer? :(

VIPStephan
06-03-2009, 11:29 AM
What does it matter if they make it official when the most widely used browsers out there don’t support it in ten years to come?

Deacon Frost
06-03-2009, 11:36 AM
What does it matter if they make it official when the most widely used browsers out there donít support it in ten years to come?

:(.

Stop making me sad.

Lolz.

Well, Opera is due for a new release :D. It's been a while since 9 came out ^.^.

I'm thinking of just giving up on other developers entirely and writing a browser focused only on my web developments.

I wonder if I can use a .NET language to make a standards compliant browser :rolleyes:

drhowarddrfine
06-03-2009, 04:52 PM
CSS3 is still being worked on so there are things being added/dropped all the time. The modern browsers implement those properties that are most likely to be finalized so you can feel free to use them, or their -vendor equivalents.

Of course almost nothing works in IE so you'll have to take that into account but, hopefully, that browser will be insignificant in the next few years and it stillo won't run most of CSS3 five years from now.

I wonder if I can use a .NET language to make a standards compliant browser :rolleyes:Only if you wanted a bloated pig of a browser that only ran on Windows but, even then, you'd have to follow the same spec all the other browser vendors are using which, as I said, is incomplete.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum