View Full Version : How to make Div's automaticly flow to next div

pcmaster160
06-03-2009, 12:39 AM
How could i get a div to automatically flow from one div to another. I use my div's to make columns so i have a div that holds them all then i have another div for each column, i have three. How can I make the div's flow to one another if there is more space. For example if someone has a big screen and there is enough space for another column then it would automatically be created and the other div's would even out the content to make them all around the same size. Also if the screen was too small to fit three div's it would change to only two columns and again even out the columns. I don't know if this can be done in css or JavaScript or even html but whatever the language can someone please tell me how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

VIPStephan
06-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Currently not possible without some advanced manipulation through JS. A multi-column layout will eventually become a module in CSS3 but this isn’t supported by most of the browsers yet as far as I know. There’s a script that’ll do what you want, though: http://csscripting.com/wiki/index.php?title=CSS3_Multi_Column

However, note that this kind of layout is kinda frowned upon among professional web developers since it may lead to usability issues (if the columns get too long for the viewport you have to scroll down and up to read everything).

pcmaster160
06-03-2009, 04:10 AM
thanks! i'll try this script tomorrow!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum