View Full Version : Resolved Unwanted White space in Blogger Navigation Bar

Prellyree
06-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi all!

CSS/HTML beginner here, trying to set up a horizontal nav bar in Blogger for my father-in-law.

The site: http://mrrosey.blogspot.com

I would like the navigation menu to be left aligned (like this one (www.tarajanephotography.com/)). It seems there is about 50px of white space that I can't get rid of on the left side. I have tried commenting out different padding/margins and have had no luck figuring out what is causing this space.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Rowsdower!
06-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Many elements, including <ul> elements, have some padding by default. You need to get rid of that to make things click here. Try adding something like this to your CSS:

#menu ul {padding:0;}

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Prellyree
06-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Thank you SO much! It's amazing (or, embarassing...) how long I've spent trying to figure that out.

Thanks for the welcome too, I'm not sure I'll be able to help many people quite yet, at least with coding, but I'll try putting my 2 cents in on type and design issues. :)

Rowsdower!
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
..I'm not sure I'll be able to help many people quite yet, at least with coding, but I'll try putting my 2 cents in on type and design issues. :)

Yep, that's all it takes. I started out asking at first -- now I waste hours of my day answering! :D

It's a great way to teach yourself new techniques and also to illuminate common pitfalls so as to avoid them yourself down the road.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum