View Full Version : input type="search" safari

thecaligarmo
06-02-2009, 03:44 AM
So I know that in safari when you have an input with a type of 'search' then it automatically generates the background so that it can do further searches. (It does that traditional background with the magnifying glass on the side). Is there any ways (using ONLY css) to change the background to invisible so that I can have an image behind it and/or change the color and/or basically edit that?

I don't want to change the type to 'text' so please don't suggest that. I would prefer to keep it as search if at all possible.

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Why are you catering to just Safari? You could try adding an id to the input and then setting its background to none however its likely you won't be able to edit it very much as its probably similar to the input with type="file".

thecaligarmo
06-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Yeah, I tried changing the background to none with no results.

I'm not catering to safari. The person I am developing this website for is insisting on using type=search with a unique background against what I informed him. I am trying to see if it is even possible. Might as well try before 'giving up'

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-02-2009, 05:49 AM
But they do know input="search" likely won't work in other browsers right?

thecaligarmo
06-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I assume so. Thats what they wanted, so thats what they got. We are just going to use a javascript fix apparently so nvm on the question.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum