View Full Version : passing values from client side java script to server side python script.

06-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I am new to coding.. I am developing a web form using python cgi which has two list boxes. On selecting a value from the listbox1, the list box 2 should get auto populated with appropriate values (which are taken from the DB). I have written a javascript function to get the selected value from the list box1. But I am struck with passing the values from the javascript to the python function written in server side in which I have written the DB related stuffs.:confused: Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
The answer is rather simple... AJAX, AJAX and then some more AJAX. A comprehensive tutorial can be found at the following location:

Though if you're using a JS library, most of them have their own AJAX object that is even easier to use... in which case I'd direct you to the library's API.

10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
The w3schools tutorials go through using ASP and PHP on the server side. Anyone know of how python actually deciphers the information sent?

Better yet, an example?