View Full Version : passing values from client side java script to server side python script.

vinoth_python
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi,
I am new to coding.. I am developing a web form using python cgi which has two list boxes. On selecting a value from the listbox1, the list box 2 should get auto populated with appropriate values (which are taken from the DB). I have written a javascript function to get the selected value from the list box1. But I am struck with passing the values from the javascript to the python function written in server side in which I have written the DB related stuffs.:confused: Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Eldarrion
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
The answer is rather simple... AJAX, AJAX and then some more AJAX. A comprehensive tutorial can be found at the following location:

http://www.w3schools.com/Ajax/ajax_intro.asp

Though if you're using a JS library, most of them have their own AJAX object that is even easier to use... in which case I'd direct you to the library's API.

hyliandanny
10-05-2012, 09:27 AM
The w3schools tutorials go through using ASP and PHP on the server side. Anyone know of how python actually deciphers the information sent?

Better yet, an example?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum