View Full Version : IE6 and iframes - Very Slow Refresh

05-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I have a page with an iframe which contains a page with a very large html table.
My problem is that when trying to refresh the page in IE6, it simply gets stuck for several seconds before responding and refreshing. The larger the page within the iframe was, the longer the browser remained stuck (and when using a smaller page it did not get stuck at all).
There was no problem when I tried this in IE7 and FF, and also when I referred to the large page directly.

Any ideas, anyone?

05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
link to the page?

05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Here is an example for a page which got stuck earlier on IE6:

When navigating to the content page it seemed to be fine:

And I later noticed that when changing the red background image (the one which fills most of the rows) to a simple background color, it was fine again:

So it seems like IE6 might have a problem with an iframe containing lots and lots of images, even if it is the same tiny one over and over again.
I don't think I could give up the images. Giving up the iframe usage could be possible, but I prefer to try keep it. What else could be done?

05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Update - apparently this doesn't happen only in an iframe.
It happened also when resizing the div containing the large html table, or when expanding/collapsing a large number of rows. Maybe this is more of a javascript issue.