View Full Version : Help with high school sports website

superjeff10
05-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I am a football coach in Arkansas. I am using Dreamweaver. I have been doing more and more to our website and would like a box that when you click "Next Event" it shows the next event from our "Events Calendar." [Go to the bottom left-hand corner of www.mayflowerfootball.com to see what I am talking about]. I want the user to be able to continuously click "Next Event" and gradually scroll through our whole Events Calendar.

I have no clue how to even get started, so you're help would be GREATLY appreciated!

masterofollies
05-26-2009, 01:46 AM
I highly don't recommend using Dreamweaver, being a drag and drop editor mainly it is limited on what it can do. Coding from blank is best.

If you just want to click the next event link to show another event, you can just copy the page, then event the event and name the page something else and link to it. If you want it to stay on the same page. Use javascript

superjeff10
05-26-2009, 03:34 AM
I highly don't recommend using Dreamweaver, being a drag and drop editor mainly it is limited on what it can do. Coding from blank is best.

If you just want to click the next event link to show another event, you can just copy the page, then event the event and name the page something else and link to it. If you want it to stay on the same page. Use javascript

I had actually thought about your first suggestion, but I figured there had to be an easier way. Any help on the javascript method??

Thanks!

masterofollies
05-26-2009, 03:36 AM
I don't know javascript, if you post in that forum they can help. Its simple to use a link per page. Takes about 30 seconds for a new page, and a couple seconds to link. But I suggest redesigning the site first.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum