View Full Version : Javascript slideshow only works on Firefox

cmxsevenfoldxmc
05-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey guys,

My problem here is that I recently implemented a javascript slideshow for my page, but it only seems to work on Firefox and not on any other browser (such as IE and Safari).

Here's the page: http://www.bobbivanstudio.com/work.php

Could anyone take a peek and see what's going on?

I'd greatly appreciate the help!

Cheers,

venegal
05-19-2009, 01:26 PM
You have an opening <!-- in your <script> without a closing //-->, and in the next <script> the other way round. This prevents your slideshow from ever being properly defined.

Add those missing comment delimiters and it will work.

Old Pedant
05-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Better: Get rid of the nonsense comment junk.

True, you will need them if you ever run into somebody running MSIE 3 or Netscape 3.

That will happen when you go back more than 5 years in your time machine.

(Talk about code that is left over from the dark ages! HOW does that stuff linger around so long???)

cmxsevenfoldxmc
05-20-2009, 06:43 AM
You have an opening <!-- in your <script> without a closing //-->, and in the next <script> the other way round. This prevents your slideshow from ever being properly defined.

Add those missing comment delimiters and it will work.

That was exactly what I needed to do!!! Many many thanks! I couldn't believe it was right under my nose! >_<

cmxsevenfoldxmc
05-20-2009, 06:44 AM

True, you will need them if you ever run into somebody running MSIE 3 or Netscape 3.

(Talk about code that is left over from the dark ages! HOW does that stuff linger around so long???)

Lmao I'll keep that in mind! True. :thumbsup:

TinyScript
05-20-2009, 07:13 AM

OMG I laughed so hard I cried

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum