View Full Version : Saving Cookies Automatically

heshan
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi,

is there anyway way of saving a cookie of a certain website permanently ? there are some sites that offer cookies for each promoter. therefore even if the visitor goes through some other link of another promoter the details of the first promoter will be retrieved from the previous cookie. is it possible?

Philip M
05-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I am not sure that I understand the question, but a persistant cookie will remain active until it expires, which can be virtually indefinitely. At the same time, the user can erase (unwanted) cookies at will.

A cookie can only be read or modified by the domain which set it.

heshan
05-18-2009, 06:06 PM
i mean is there a way of making a cookie that remains in the history for over 6 or 8 months, anyway of editing a cookie file ?

Philip M
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
i mean is there a way of making a cookie that remains in the history for over 6 or 8 months, anyway of editing a cookie file ?

I am not sure that you understand what cookies are and how they work. A cookie will remain active until its expiry date, however long that may be, unless it is deleted by the user.

A cookie can only be edited by replacing it with a new and updated cookie of the same name. (As a cookie is a text file the user can edit cookies on his machine, although this is likely to mean that they no longer work correctly or at all).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum